OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Misanthropic_Gods
Nkomo
6 posters

Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell

Poll

Do you collect for preservation purposes or to resell at a later date?

[ 10 ]
    Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell Bar_left63%Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell Bar_left0%Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell Bar_left37%Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell Bar_right [37%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell Empty Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell

Post by Nkomo Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:41 am

I am wondering something. Do you collect militaria for resell at a later date or do you collect to preserve history? Just curious.
    Misanthropic_Gods
    Misanthropic_Gods

Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell Empty Re: Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell

Post by Misanthropic_Gods Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:22 am

I like to Preserve and get a bunch of stuff I enjoy..but if I see something for cheap now that I can resell either now or a later date, I usually pick up 2..one for me, one to sell
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell Empty Re: Collecting: Preservation of History or Buying to Resell

Post by Nkomo Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 pm

When it comes to my personal collection....I always buy to preserve history. If it is outside my collecting field, I'll buy it and pass it on to someone who collectes that era for a few bucks more than what I bought it for. That way it gives me a little spending money for my own personal collection and gets the item into someone's hands who will appreciate it.
    RICH S
    RICH S
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by RICH S Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:18 am

Cant really vote on this, I collect because i am interested in militaria from this era and mainly because i enjoy it.

Cheers
    Rich
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:09 pm

It depends of items. There's items I buy only for my collection and there's no chance I sell them later (as by example my Quadgard) and there's also some items I buy to resell. It permit me to finance my collection, because I'm only student without any salary. So there's some items I buy in some double to resale them later (by example, IBA/OTV and sapi plates).
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:46 pm

At the risk of sounding stingy... once an item comes into my collection, I try to hold onto it. Laughing
    But if I were ever to get duplicates and someone wanted to buy, I would consider selling or trading if they wanted to.
    bhmilitarycollector84
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by bhmilitarycollector84 Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:53 am

i have stuff i buy for my personal collection , alot of my dads friends get me stuff , and stuff comes from there family members , that stuff stays here forever , also things people give me i keep and dont resell ,
    but i also have to fund purchases for my personal collection so i go to garage sales , surplus store , gun and knife shows , ebay , and thrift shops and buy stuff to resell to fund my collecting

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:53 am