OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAKISTAN - Army General's Uniform

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

PAKISTAN - Army General's Uniform Empty PAKISTAN - Army General's Uniform

Post by Nkomo Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Hello all. This is one of my pick-ups from the Show of Shows in Louisville circa 2008. The gentleman I got it from said it came from the Pakistani General who was attached to USCENTCOM who helped coordinate relief missions when Pakistan had those terrible earthquakes several years ago. Also, the General had a pair of Pakistani jump wings that snapped to the right breast above the pocket. The seller said they were a red backed jump iwng. From what I've been told, these wings may have been for the Special Service Group. Now to find a pair of those wings and some collar devices for a General.

PAKISTAN - Army General's Uniform 20082210

PAKISTAN - Army General's Uniform 20082211
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

PAKISTAN - Army General's Uniform Empty Re: PAKISTAN - Army General's Uniform

Post by Nkomo Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:47 am

OKAY....this is just plain weird. I was doing some research today on one of my Major Lawrence DCU's and just so happened to find a picture of a Pakistani Brigadier General named Brigadier General Ahsan Mehmood. Seems he joined HQ USCENTCOM as Pakistan’s Senior National Representative on 02 Oct 2006. Before assumption of this assignment, he was Chief of Staff of a Corps in the Pakistan Army.

WELL......I took a look at the uniform I own and it is an EXACT match to the one he is wearing in his photo!!!!! I have identified the man who owned this uniform. If you look at the collar area, you will see the same markings on both photos (minus the General collar devices). Also note the area above the Pak Army tape. Same as well.

Here is a link to the article. He is on page 3. Link: http://www.centcom.mil/images/media/Coalition_Bulletin/coalition%2520newsletter%2520sept%25202006.pdf

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:31 am