OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

17° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I.

magic2
    magic2
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

17° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. Empty 17° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I.

Post by magic2 Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:50 am

hello, some publicly about those photos of the 17 ° Stormo Italian Air Force in afghanistan, taken from the website: incursori.org. bye17° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. Afxgea1017° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. 5169771017° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. 3439561017° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. 8057921017° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. 8294731017° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. 8752361017° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. 99214910
    magic2
    magic2
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

17° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. Empty Re: 17° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I.

Post by magic2 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:12 pm

The 17th Wing raiders, former Department of the Air Force Commandos to April 8, 2008, traces its origins from the Arditi destroyers of the Regia Aeronautica (ADRA), operating department in World War II, especially in North Africa, which has inherited the coveted sand-colored beret.
    operation
    The raiders of the 17 º Stormo AMI operating in a joint national or, according to the specific political and military directives, within NATO, EU or multinational coalitions, to achieve strategic and operational objectives through the execution of Air Force special operations with a strong connotation.
    In particular, their action is particularly appropriate in today's asymmetric conflicts, for their ability to intervene in a very short time and with non-conventional procedures, to protect national interests and for the containment of political risks created by international terrorism. The function of Combat Controller is the heart of the specialty, which enhances the specificity and fills a gap in expertise between the Italian Special Forces. Stems from the need, already being felt in the past, have elements that can capture, prepare, equip and defend airfields or other suitable surfaces for air operations in remote areas and in non-permissive environment, and to direct the ground (from these improvised tracks) in the phases of the traffic arereo Landing and departure as well as assistance. To this end, the raiders need a full combat qualification, suitability to the handling of explosives and their disengagement, the ability to position and activate communication systems, weather systems and air navigation aids to provide terminal care, day and night at the military air traffic in the area of interest. This specialty Combat Controller is well appreciated by the Americans, their CCTs Combat Controllers (hence the AMI was inspired to create dell'incursore of 17 º Stormo) in fact are used in almost all primary operations of the FS, and that some members are alongside the Delta Force or DEVGRU in counterterrorism operations, their motto is "first There" (the first). It 'goes without saying that the raiding of the A. M. achieve the same qualifications of CCTs Americans.
    The Combat Controllers are also able to make it special reconnaissance to be carried deep into enemy territory to gather information on targets and aircraft installations of particular interest and proceed to their destruction, even terminally guided onto the target by laser-guided weapons. The latter capacity, made ​​from the absolute necessity of strategic political / military to minimize collateral damage, supports and enhances the recently put in place by the Army and Navy Commandos and operators of the FOS 185 ° RAO.
    The Combat SAR,includes the research, identification and recovery of personnel isolated in hostile areas. Usually does not fall into the category of special operations, in many situations, however, and particularly in the case of operations that fall into the vast gray area between the mission of interposition and those of peace enforcement, the strategic value of the recovery of personnel killed beyond the lines is undeniable, as well as the opportunity to entrust such tasks to the most qualified personnel, especially in the absence of comprehensive operational information and in the presence of an exfiltration likely to require an exchange of fire, break-even in confined spaces . The daily experience of the U.S. Special Operations conducted by the departments in the Middle East shows that, beyond the specificity appropriate technical and operational departments of the individual Special Forces, it is appropriate to provide a large area of overlap and leverage capacity to cope with inevitable shortcomings of numerical operators with respect to the increasing requests for assistance and to ensure a quicker response to sudden crises, that does not always allow the arrival and utilization of the department considered the most suitable for the performance of the task. The Air Commandos are therefore able to work together with other Special Forces in the usual national missions:

• Direct Actions, that offensive operations against targets of strategic importance or possibly operational, with incursions, coups and terminal guidance of precision munitions;
    • Special Reconnaissance for the acquisition of information of strategic and operational on an actual or potential enemy, in order to assess capabilities, intentions and activities, integrating with the direct visual observation (HUMINT) and with technical support from the data collected reconnaissance assets and other national intelligence.
    • Military Assistance Operations against friendly forces that require technical support and coaching in training or operations. They are typical of multinational missions, which sometimes collect contingent heterogeneous requiring the assistance of more developed countries militarily. The cooperation that is established and the personal ties that are consolidated, however, allow to better operate in areas of potential interest.
    • Competition for counterterrorist operations, limited to acts that occur abroad. Actions may result in release of hostages, capture and extradition of terrorists and attacks on their bases, recovery of sensitive materials into the hands of subversive groups, release or recovery of the security of embassies and other national infrastructure under our sovereignty, including ships and aircraft.

source incursori.org
    regards, magic2.
    ita999

Post by ita999 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:41 pm

in the first photo i think is the new Multiland camo... very interesting Multicamo pouches... what kind of webbing in the first photo?
    40 m.m. grenade in the pouch but where's the grenade launcher ??? Wink))))
    magic2
    magic2
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by magic2 Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 am

hello, the first photo is a multi-pocket jacket, custody suite with functional chargers and radios thales, medical kit in the foreground, you see the grenade under his left arm.
    the operator with the grenade on the left pocket should have the M4 rifle with grenade launcher not in sight.
    in group photo at the bottom known Afghan-style macho... beards.
    All the photos show a great organization and professionalism.
    bye, Magic2
    piola74
    piola74
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by piola74 Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:26 pm

[img]17° STORMO INCURSORI A.M.I. 17_a_s10[/img]

Patch brought from Afghanistan. Theater made.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 pm