4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Share
    avatar
    JYN
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 637
    Join date : 2011-05-03
    Age : 55
    Location : France

    4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by JYN on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:12 pm

    Hello,

    I shall be grateful if a menber could recognize the patch under the british flag on this desert shirt.

    Thank you in advance.

    Jean-Yves

    avatar
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Posts : 4517
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Location : USA

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by nkomo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:15 pm

    That patch is for the Multi-National Force - Iraq.

    Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-National_Force_%E2%80%93_Iraq
    avatar
    JYN
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 637
    Join date : 2011-05-03
    Age : 55
    Location : France

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by JYN on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:18 pm

    Cheers !

    That's was quick !

    Jean-Yves

    PS : Thank you Pierre for your help and for the icture :

    General Chris BROWN from MNF-I


    Last edited by JYN on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Ben
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 1236
    Join date : 2010-01-16
    Location : The other side of the big pond

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by Ben on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 pm

    Interesting that the wearer also had US jump wings.

    I don't mean to hijack your thread, Jean-Yves; but does anyone know anything about cross-national training between NATO countries for things like airborne school?


    _________________
    Interested in any European digital camo.
    See my collection online: http://www.benscamo.webs.com
    "Extremism in defence of liberty is no vice."
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 3234
    Join date : 2010-08-20
    Age : 48
    Location : Good old UK

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by Easy Gee on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:29 pm

    Glad you got it ID'd J-Y. Cool

    Ben, the US Jump wings qualification patch is a complete mystery to me...But I do have a theory or two Wink


    _________________
    Take it Easy.....Gary

    من السهل جي
    avatar
    Skeletor
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2011-09-20
    Age : 32
    Location : North America

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by Skeletor on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:43 pm

    Ben wrote:Interesting that the wearer also had US jump wings.

    I don't mean to hijack your thread, Jean-Yves; but does anyone know anything about cross-national training between NATO countries for things like airborne school?


    You don't need to attend another nation's Airborne School to be awarded their parachutist/airborne wings. Just be Airborne qualified in your Military and go on a excercise/training with the foriegn nation and jump with their equipment, etc and you get awarded their wings. Common thing for the US and Canadian Militarys to do wing exchange jumps, for example Menton days in Ft Lewis. Canadians will jump with US gear, and get US wings and Americans will jump with Canadian gear and get Canadian wings.

    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206566_200369869993875_106661182698078_580348_4517057_n.jpg
    http://www.army.dnd.ca/1RCHA/images/cbty/IMG_0750.jpg
    avatar
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

    Posts : 1924
    Join date : 2011-01-24
    Location : Montreal, Qc, Canada

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by ladrang on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:26 pm

    Skeletor wrote:
    Ben wrote:Interesting that the wearer also had US jump wings.

    I don't mean to hijack your thread, Jean-Yves; but does anyone know anything about cross-national training between NATO countries for things like airborne school?


    You don't need to attend another nation's Airborne School to be awarded their parachutist/airborne wings. Just be Airborne qualified in your Military and go on a excercise/training with the foriegn nation and jump with their equipment, etc and you get awarded their wings. Common thing for the US and Canadian Militarys to do wing exchange jumps, for example Menton days in Ft Lewis. Canadians will jump with US gear, and get US wings and Americans will jump with Canadian gear and get Canadian wings.

    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206566_200369869993875_106661182698078_580348_4517057_n.jpg
    http://www.army.dnd.ca/1RCHA/images/cbty/IMG_0750.jpg

    Hi you ve totally right, I received my US and German wings like that.
    avatar
    Ben
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 1236
    Join date : 2010-01-16
    Location : The other side of the big pond

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by Ben on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:30 pm

    Did not know that's how it worked... very cool and thanks for the info, guys!


    _________________
    Interested in any European digital camo.
    See my collection online: http://www.benscamo.webs.com
    "Extremism in defence of liberty is no vice."
    avatar
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

    Posts : 1924
    Join date : 2011-01-24
    Location : Montreal, Qc, Canada

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by ladrang on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:26 pm

    JYN wrote:Hello,

    I shall be grateful if a menber could recognize the patch under the british flag on this desert shirt.

    Thank you in advance.

    Jean-Yves

    Hi do you have more information about the owner of this shirt??
    avatar
    JYN
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 637
    Join date : 2011-05-03
    Age : 55
    Location : France

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by JYN on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:48 am

    avatar
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

    Posts : 1924
    Join date : 2011-01-24
    Location : Montreal, Qc, Canada

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by ladrang on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 am

    Hi Jean-Yves, Thanks Wink

    Sponsored content

    Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:41 pm