OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

JYN
    JYN

4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch Empty 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

Post by JYN Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:12 pm

Hello,

I shall be grateful if a menber could recognize the patch under the british flag on this desert shirt.

Thank you in advance.

Jean-Yves

4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch Dscf4814
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch Empty Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

Post by Nkomo Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:15 pm

That patch is for the Multi-National Force - Iraq.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-National_Force_%E2%80%93_Iraq
    JYN
    JYN

4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch Empty Re: 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch

Post by JYN Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Cheers !

That's was quick !

Jean-Yves

PS : Thank you Pierre for your help and for the icture :

General Chris BROWN from MNF-I
    4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment Desert DPM with unknown Patch _cfimg11

Last edited by JYN on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Interesting that the wearer also had US jump wings.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, Jean-Yves; but does anyone know anything about cross-national training between NATO countries for things like airborne school?
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Glad you got it ID'd J-Y. Cool

Ben, the US Jump wings qualification patch is a complete mystery to me...But I do have a theory or two Wink

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Ben wrote:Interesting that the wearer also had US jump wings.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, Jean-Yves; but does anyone know anything about cross-national training between NATO countries for things like airborne school?

You don't need to attend another nation's Airborne School to be awarded their parachutist/airborne wings. Just be Airborne qualified in your Military and go on a excercise/training with the foriegn nation and jump with their equipment, etc and you get awarded their wings. Common thing for the US and Canadian Militarys to do wing exchange jumps, for example Menton days in Ft Lewis. Canadians will jump with US gear, and get US wings and Americans will jump with Canadian gear and get Canadian wings.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206566_200369869993875_106661182698078_580348_4517057_n.jpg
    http://www.army.dnd.ca/1RCHA/images/cbty/IMG_0750.jpg
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:26 pm

Skeletor wrote:
    Ben wrote:Interesting that the wearer also had US jump wings.

You don't need to attend another nation's Airborne School to be awarded their parachutist/airborne wings. Just be Airborne qualified in your Military and go on a excercise/training with the foriegn nation and jump with their equipment, etc and you get awarded their wings. Common thing for the US and Canadian Militarys to do wing exchange jumps, for example Menton days in Ft Lewis. Canadians will jump with US gear, and get US wings and Americans will jump with Canadian gear and get Canadian wings.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206566_200369869993875_106661182698078_580348_4517057_n.jpg
    http://www.army.dnd.ca/1RCHA/images/cbty/IMG_0750.jpg

Hi you ve totally right, I received my US and German wings like that.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Did not know that's how it worked... very cool and thanks for the info, guys!
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:26 pm

JYN wrote:Hello,

I shall be grateful if a menber could recognize the patch under the british flag on this desert shirt.

Thank you in advance.

Jean-Yves

Hi do you have more information about the owner of this shirt??
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:48 am

ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 am

Hi Jean-Yves, Thanks Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm