OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

DCU's from Green Zone movie

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

DCU's from Green Zone movie Empty DCU's from Green Zone movie

Post by Mercenary25 Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:42 pm

I watched a movie "Green Zone" again but this time with careful observation. I shat brick when I noticed this. All soldiers, officers, and generals all have DCU's that are very accurate and follows the Army regulation. CIB, badges, patches, etc.... all in the proper places. I read somewhere that most of soldiers in this movie were actual Iraq War veterans. Could they had been using their own old uniforms? Or did the hollywood provided the uniforms? Could they bought from the surplus market (At this time DCU's were very plenty) and reused for the movies? Or..... they all were commercial purchased and patched up?

Two issues here. If they actually used the real surplus uniforms and after this movie is done, what did they do with them? Another issue, if they were fake, patched up for movies, we could easily pass them as real without even knowing. affraid

Last edited by Mercenary25 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BringMeOurFlag
    BringMeOurFlag
    Corporal
    Corporal

DCU's from Green Zone movie Empty Re: DCU's from Green Zone movie

Post by BringMeOurFlag Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Green zone is a great movie Smile

And I think this time it isn't that hard do find uniforms. (if you have some money Smile)

If they were fake, I think that could be a problem, but if they were fake, are they not marked with "green zone" or something like the "Saving Private Ryan" uniforms?
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:58 pm

I have a story to relate. One of the surplus shops I hit on a regular basis used to have a HUGE rack of patched/unpatched/stripped DCU's in the basement of their store. I would go down to the basement and cherry pick the best DCU's for my collection. I'd come home with 15-20 DCU's everytime I hit that place. One day, I went downstairs to their basement and every single DCU was GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked the owner about it and he said some guy he'd never seen before came in and bought all the DCU's, regardless of whether they were stripped, patched, or unpatched.

I have always wondered why someone would do that. I can understand buying the patched ones to resell or to collect, but unpatched and stripped??????? I have thought about that scenario for quite some time and can't seem to quite figure it out.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:03 pm

What year did this happen? If it is prior to the movie, probably would make sense.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:What year did this happen? If it is prior to the movie, probably would make sense.

It happened maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I remember this because Bond007a1 and I would make routine runs down to this base for buying trips. I mean you could find patched out 2nd ID, 1st ID, 3rd ID, 4th ID, 11th ACR, 2nd ACR, 3rd ACR, 173rd ABN, 101st ABN, 44th MEDCOM, modifieds etc. I mean it was the heyday of the DCU. Figuring these uniforms were selling for $2-$3 a piece, it was well worth the trip down.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Well, I don't know for jacket and pants, but they already used fake body armor and helmets, so...I think it's the same for uniforms...?
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:22 pm

P-E wrote:Well, I don't know for jacket and pants, but they already used fake body armor and helmets, so...I think it's the same for uniforms...?
    I agree with Pierre. More than likely, the movie company bought up a ton of DCU's and had insignia sewn on them. It would certainly be cheaper that way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:35 pm