OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
US0844
JYN
ladrang
Easy Gee
8 posters

French National tri-colour uniform patches.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

French National tri-colour uniform patches. Empty French National tri-colour uniform patches.

Post by Easy Gee Fri May 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi Guys.

Here I have a collection of French National uniform patches,sadly they are not as cool or desirable as the ones recently shown,but they're the only French patches I own....so far, but I hope you like them never the less Laughing

French National tri-colour uniform patches. P5130010

ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

French National tri-colour uniform patches. Empty Re: French National tri-colour uniform patches.

Post by ladrang Fri May 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi mate your national flags are really cool' Do you know they are made from WW2 thru current day, something you could get a nice surprise. You may have some different manufacturing, the color of the border is different. Very Happy
    JYN
    JYN

French National tri-colour uniform patches. Empty Re: French National tri-colour uniform patches.

Post by JYN Fri May 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Cocorico !

I totally forget that we have some normal patches too. Absolutly, this the same US Made model which was provided to Free French Forces in WWII. I am trying to get some low visibility patches at the moment.
    Jean-Yves
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 14, 2011 6:29 am

ladrang wrote:Hi mate your national flags are really cool' Do you know they are made from WW2 thru current day, something you could get a nice surprise. You may have some different manufacturing, the color of the border is different. Very Happy

Thanks Will.

In my haste to post these,I forgot to ask what era they are from, they are all different sizes ,but all have velro backing,I don't know what Jackets they would go on Question

My guess is 90's issue,but that is just a guess, Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 14, 2011 6:34 am

JYN wrote:Cocorico !

I totally forget that we have some normal patches too. Absolutly, this the same US Made model which was provided to Free French Forces in WWII. I am trying to get some low visibility patches at the moment.
    Jean-Yves

Cocorico indeed Very Happy , do you know what era these are from,as before velcro backed,and all different sizes,thanks JY. Wink
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sat May 14, 2011 6:41 am

Hi I have found a nice from french soldier in Ex-yougoslavia in 1990's. I have bought some french shoulder flag in the french PX when I was in Bosnia, I will try to dig out to post 'em
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sat May 14, 2011 6:44 am

[url=French National tri-colour uniform patches. 07-95-10]
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 14, 2011 6:57 am

ladrang wrote:Hi I have found a nice from french soldier in Ex-yougoslavia in 1990's. I have bought some french shoulder flag in the french PX when I was in Bosnia, I will try to dig out to post 'em

ladrang wrote:[url=French National tri-colour uniform patches. 07-95-10]

Many thanks Will, cool story about the Bosnian PX.

Is this soldier wearing an F2 jacket,as i have an F2 but mine does not have a velcro patch to attach a Tri-Colour to it?

Nice one ,cheers Mate Wink
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sat May 14, 2011 7:12 am

Hi mate, you need to sewn on. When I was in Bosnia, the french soldiers went to the taylor shop to sewn their ribbons, velcro on their shirt or jacket. I means you will need to do the same thing Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 14, 2011 1:12 pm

ladrang wrote:Hi mate, you need to sewn on. When I was in Bosnia, the french soldiers went to the taylor shop to sewn their ribbons, velcro on their shirt or jacket. I means you will need to do the same thing Very Happy

Aha,I see ,that makes sense as there is no velcro on an F2 Jacket sleeve, I'm no good at sewing...Hmmm,maybe my wife could do it, very unlikely ,but if I don't ask,I don't get Laughing

Thanks for the info Will,nice one Mate Wink
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sat May 21, 2011 6:28 am

Garry,

As a French National patches fan, you will need this one. One of the low visibility serie (probably four different patches).

French National tri-colour uniform patches. France10
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sat May 21, 2011 6:49 am

Hi I get this one in desert version, I have no idea who wear it, Question

[url=French National tri-colour uniform patches. 20061910]
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 21, 2011 7:21 am

JYN wrote:Garry,

As a French National patches fan, you will need this one. One of the low visibility serie (probably four different patches).

French National tri-colour uniform patches. France10

Many thanks for showing this one JYN,very cool ,I've not seen any over here,but if I ever do,I will go all out to own it...thanks again Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 21, 2011 7:23 am

ladrang wrote:Hi I get this one in desert version, I have no idea who wear it, Question

[url=French National tri-colour uniform patches. 20061910]

Another very cool Patch,that's now on my wish list, Cool
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun May 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Concerning the last patch, I just find this photo from one soldier of the Battle Group Allobroges. It was taken during a combined operation in the Tag Ab valley last December.
    French National tri-colour uniform patches. Patchf10
    US0844
    US0844
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by US0844 Sun May 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi, since nobody asked, I will explain why the colors are reversed.
    The patch red, white blue red white blue inverted to prevent the patch to believe tricolor Italian army because this patch is rather blue green, thus preventing it either green, white and red. Wink
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun May 22, 2011 1:27 pm

It seems logical. Excellent information.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun May 22, 2011 1:59 pm

JYN wrote:Concerning the last patch, I just find this photo from one soldier of the Battle Group Allobroges. It was taken during a combined operation in the Tag Ab valley last December.
    French National tri-colour uniform patches. Patchf10

Jyn, that's a very good reference pic,thanks for sharing Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun May 22, 2011 2:02 pm

US0844 wrote:Hi, since nobody asked, I will explain why the colors are reversed.
    The patch red, white blue red white blue inverted to prevent the patch to believe tricolor Italian army because this patch is rather blue green, thus preventing it either green, white and red. Wink

Good information,to be honest it never really crossed my mind,but I'm glad that you have cleared this up, and it makes sense Wink
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Another low visibility version.

French National tri-colour uniform patches. Entrai10
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Nice pics Very Happy
    2ndAIF
    2ndAIF
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by 2ndAIF Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:46 am

Cool patches guys, When you say these were worn from ww2 onwards... what year was the red and blue re added to the flag? As I was under the impression that the French flag in ww2 was a white centre stripe with white stripes either side Laughing Laughing Laughing

...sorry bad joke I know but I couldnt help myself Rolling Eyes
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:47 am

To re-open an old subject , it would appear that the French forces do still wear the Tri-colour patch, not just the subdued version.Which is good as my patches are still relevant for this campaign.

French National tri-colour uniform patches. French10French National tri-colour uniform patches. French11French National tri-colour uniform patches. French12

Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Great reference photos, Gary. The FAMAS always catches my attention in French military photos.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Ben wrote:Great reference photos, Gary. The FAMAS always catches my attention in French military photos.

Thanks Ben, yes the Famas is a unique shaped weapon!!
    Ronnie.
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Ronnie. Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:46 pm

JYN wrote:
    Another low visibility version.

French National tri-colour uniform patches. Entrai10

french special force operator... Laughing
    nico62fr
    nico62fr
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by nico62fr Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 am

Hello

When you study the pictures of the conflict, you will see many differents French national patches !

In Lebanon in the late '70s, the French army still had the WWII embroided patches in use.
    During the ex-Yougoslavia conflict, appeared "new" patches (same drawing but current manufacturing, not US).

And since then, the patch is still in use. Some are local made, some a made by retailers, that's why you can meet differents shades of colors in the low-visibility.

You can also notice that the French Air Force as the same patch, but usually the background of the "tab" where France is written is in light blue instead of white.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:26 pm

nico62fr wrote:Hello

When you study the pictures of the conflict, you will see many differents French national patches !

In Lebanon in the late '70s, the French army still had the WWII embroided patches in use.
    During the ex-Yougoslavia conflict, appeared "new" patches (same drawing but current manufacturing, not US).

And since then, the patch is still in use. Some are local made, some a made by retailers, that's why you can meet differents shades of colors in the low-visibility.

You can also notice that the French Air Force as the same patch, but usually the background of the "tab" where France is written is in light blue instead of white.

Salut Nico, that is a very interesting history of the Tri-colour, I intend to add some low visibility patches to my ever expanding French collection, but I think I will always be a big fan of the patch in it's original and true colours..Viva la france Very Happy
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:45 am

Hello,

Just get this low visibility version by an ex-gendarme who was in a POMLT in Aghanistan by 2010.

Jean-Yves

French National tri-colour uniform patches. Imag0027

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:19 pm