OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
JKin
Ben
Mercenary25
7 posters

Need accessories for display?

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Need accessories for display? Empty Need accessories for display?

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Many of us have same problem: Rigs without wires (radios and accessories) so our displays always look uncompleted. Military ones aren't available to the market yet and if they are, they would be friggin' expensive. So I researched on replica items made for airsoft.

I stumbled across this site.

They have various choice of replica (dummy) items:

• SAPI plates for body armors
    • soft inserts for body armors
    • military GPS
    • flares
    • Flashbang
    • M203 grenade
    • Various of Radio headsets
    • Radio wires
    • Radios

http://www.toysoldier.com.hk/product.php?cid=15

Cheers!
    Ben
    Ben

Need accessories for display? Empty Re: Need accessories for display?

Post by Ben Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Sweet...I've been looking for dummy plates to put in my Interceptor; it just looks "empty" without something in those pockets. Thanks Merc!

JKin
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by JKin Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:54 pm

If you are looking for radio wires, you can get real MSA, peltor etc. PTTs on places like ebay as well as headsets like MSA sordins, Peltor comtacs, and TCI Liberators.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:04 pm

JKin wrote:If you are looking for radio wires, you can get real MSA, peltor etc. PTTs on places like ebay as well as headsets like MSA sordins, Peltor comtacs, and TCI Liberators.

How is price compared between real ones and replicas?

JKin
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by JKin Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:
    JKin wrote:If you are looking for radio wires, you can get real MSA, peltor etc. PTTs on places like ebay as well as headsets like MSA sordins, Peltor comtacs, and TCI Liberators.

How is price compared between real ones and replicas?

There is a pretty big price difference. PTTs can go from $50ish to about $120/130 for a real one. Headsets like the ones mentioned above are $250-450 IIRC. Airsoft replica headsets are just under a $100.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Hey guys, I can understand it's expensive and hard to find, but it's better buying real items than fake... do not forget a fake lost his value...(or has no value !). I think it's better wait a little to find the real item and pay it more than buy a copy/fake ! But well, it's only my opinion...

I know some airsofter here in Europe who buy some copy for their uniforms, and now they are mad because they can't find nobody else to buy them the fake items they finally replaced by original ones.

ps : the only fake item I have in my collection, is a copy of AN/PVS-7 (binocular NVG) I traded again two small pouches. I did it because it look like original and I've nothing to pay for that. And the original one cost more than $2000...so it's understandable I think....
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Very good point you made there P-E. Considering those items would get cheaper in probably five or ten years as they become surplus. Then it would be pointless buy replicas however right now most of those items seem to be hard to come by so those replicas can be used as placebos.

All I need is radio for my SF mannequin. Smile
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:36 pm

I completely understand the point you're making P-E and it makes perfect sense.

However in my personal situation in regard to considering replicas, it's a better bet for me to just buy the replica plates because I honestly just can't justify shelling out $400+ for real-deal SAPI plates for a vest that will more likely than not never be worn again and only kept on display as part of my collection.

Unless of course the evil communist zombie apocalypse comes, then I might have a use for it. pirat

Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:45 pm

P-E wrote:Hey guys, I can understand it's expensive and hard to find, but it's better buying real items than fake... do not forget a fake lost his value...(or has no value !). I think it's better wait a little to find the real item and pay it more than buy a copy/fake ! But well, it's only my opinion....

Totally agree with you, sir! With time and patience, you can find almost ANY piece of militaria eventually. It may be a good thing for some people to buy fakes/copies, but I can't do it. HOWEVER...I do understand why some collectors do though.

Last edited by nkomo on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Ben wrote:I completely understand the point you're making P-E and it makes perfect sense.

However in my personal situation in regard to considering replicas, it's a better bet for me to just buy the replica plates because I honestly just can't justify shelling out $400+ for real-deal SAPI plates for a vest that will more likely than not never be worn again and only kept on display as part of my collection.

Unless of course the evil communist zombie apocalypse comes, then I might have a use for it. pirat

I really understand your opinion...but guy, it's always possible to find items at good prices.... There's some plates and body armor in europe (for great price). By example, in one year I bought around 10 lots of OTV (including SAPI plates !!!) for around €120 to €170 shipping price include for Belgium ! And they are already in Europe, si no custom fees. In one year, I bought around 10 OTVs at this price and resale them to others collectors to make me some money. And I'm really serious guy, it's not a joke ! Wink

The last OTV I bought(in acu camo with soft armor and a pair of sapi plates, all in medium size and manufactured by point blank), I paid it €150 shipping price include. And I usually resell plates for around €150 to 180 by pair, and around €170-200 for the OTV... so you can imagine I make me some money with that !

But well, there's another solution if you won't pay too more and need original one : buy training plates from Point Blank ! It's always better than made in china plates Very Happy

Need accessories for display? Img_0112

Need accessories for display? Img_0113

Need accessories for display? 09042110

Need accessories for display? 09042111

http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/GENUINE-US-ARMY-TRAINING-SAPI-PLATES-POINT-BLANK-MEDIUM-/230494399138?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item35aa896aa2

But well, it's only my opinion (and I just try to help you),

P-E

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:54 pm

P-E, the training plates aren't even used in combat so what difference does it make to dummy airsoft plates? $90 for it is nonsense, IMO.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:43 am

no, sure they aren't...they have no ballistic protection ! The difference, is that one is officially use by US Military forces for training and can have a small value but can enter in a collection and the other one is 100% fake, made in china, have no value and can't enter in any collection.

For me, if I've the choice, there's no doubt ; prefer pay a little more to have something official instead of made in China...
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:52 am

You have plenty of airsofters you could sell to if you no longer want them. Laughing
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:28 pm

lol Twisted Evil
    RICH S
    RICH S
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by RICH S Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:00 pm

P-E wrote:Hey guys, I can understand it's expensive and hard to find, but it's better buying real items than fake... do not forget a fake lost his value...(or has no value !). I think it's better wait a little to find the real item and pay it more than buy a copy/fake

P-E
    Im gonna partly agree with this, it is better to buy the real thing theres no doubting that if your pockets are deep eniough, but if this is about cost.... well thats a different story. It is not always possible to find items at good prices i can tell you that from my experience !!!. I wouldnt mind a Peltor comtac to display with one of my helmets but there is no way in hell im gonna pay upto $450 for one just so my helmet display looks good if i can get a good copy for less than a quater of the cost, but then again i dont collect headsets and i would only want it to make my display look a little more pleasing to the eye.
    In my opinion a replica is fine if it is just to improve the look of your display but dont buy a replica just to fill a gap in your collection, if you collect headsets/ sapi plates then dont waste your money, wait until you can find or afford the real deal but if you just want the look or to fill out your OTV for effect a good copy or replica will do just fine.

Cheers
    Rich
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Well said, Rich.

Cheers.
    MattD
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Need accessories for display? Empty Faux armor

Post by MattD Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:47 pm

RICH S wrote:
    P-E wrote:Hey guys, I can understand it's expensive and hard to find, but it's better buying real items than fake... do not forget a fake lost his value...(or has no value !). I think it's better wait a little to find the real item and pay it more than buy a copy/fake

P-E
    Im gonna partly agree with this, it is better to buy the real thing theres no doubting that if your pockets are deep eniough, but if this is about cost.... well thats a different story.  It is not always possible to find items at good prices i can tell you that from my experience !!!. I wouldnt mind a Peltor comtac to display with one of my helmets but there is no way in hell im gonna pay upto $450 for one just so my helmet display looks good if i can get a good copy for less than a quater of the cost, but then again i dont collect headsets and i would only want it to make my display look a little more pleasing to the eye.
    In my opinion a replica is fine if it is just to improve the look of your display but dont buy a replica just to fill a gap in your collection, if you collect headsets/ sapi plates then dont waste your money, wait until you can find or afford the real deal but if you just want the look or to fill out your OTV for effect a good copy or replica will do just fine.

Cheers
    Rich

All

just my $.02

I don't like adding all the weight to my mannequins, but you need the armor so vests display right. So this is what I do for "fake armor".

SAPI plates: I take "thick" cardboard (TV boxes are great) cut to shape (use Medium SAPI plate to trace) and then stack and glued. If you are an "over achiever", you could finish the edges with wide tape ( I used glue-backed heavy paper packing tape) and then paint them black.
    Soft Armor: I use the fatigue rubber mat (Sold at Lowes), trace the BALC front/rear pads and cut to shape
    MBITR Radio: cut down 2 x 4 and add (epoxy) PRC-148 connector (for hand set / PTT) and add (screw) cut-down BNC connector for antenna, then paint black

Matt

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am