OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Afghan Patch ID help

gdclark
    Corporal
    Corporal

Afghan Patch ID help Empty Afghan Patch ID help

Post by gdclark Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Afghan Patch ID help %3Ca%20href=Afghan Patch ID help P2210012" />
    Can anyone ID the patches on the 2nd row down: I haven't seen this AIDO one before. I assume the IO is information operations? The 2nd and 3rd are Ground branch variations I believe. Can anyone ID the 4th patch with the DSE?

Afghan Patch ID help Empty Re: Afghan Patch ID help

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:04 pm

I believe AIDO is that Afghan counterpart of the US Psyops.I believe it stands for Afghan Army Information Dissemination Operations or something like that. Great patch. I sent you the ID for the 2nd and 3rd patch on the second row by mail. You'll be surprised.
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by msmith275 Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi David,

There are several "DSE" entities in Afghanistan. Given the patch design here, I would bet money it would be for the Defense Support Element for the DIA Operational Directorate. They provided support to several CT Task Forces.

That's a guess, but given the symbology I'm betting it's not an embedded Digital Systems Engineer!

Good journey home, brother. You earned it!

Mark
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:04 am

gdclark wrote: Can anyone ID the 4th patch with the DSE?

The Skull with symbol on the DSE patch looks very much like a similarly designed grey on black French Naval Commando patch.

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    Ewart
    Ewart
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by Ewart Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:06 am

I can't help.

But they are some seriously cool counter narcotics patches.
    drewchaneyaustralia
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Afghan Patch ID help Empty Afghan IO Patch

Post by drewchaneyaustralia Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:52 pm

gdclark - an amazing Afghan IO patch - you got a spare? Very interested. Its the Afghan AIDO Center of Excellence.

Drew Chaney: collector PSYOPS Inform & Influence

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am