OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar

JoeD
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar Empty ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar

Post by JoeD Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Heres some more things I brought back in addition to the ANA combat shirt and boonie I posted earlier (https://oefoif.forumotion.net/t5260-ana-combat-shirt-and-boonie-from-tailor).

First is a tailored uniform and some patches from one of my ANA friends. He was part of a PSD for a ANA colonel and lived in a building next to ours at a COP. He was always having something made or altered by the tailor. Every month or two he would be wearing a new custom uniform. This set has been tailored for a better fit and the pockets on the shirt have been straightened out along with the Velcro name strips being removed. The pants have a weird thin material on the inside. Not sure if they came like that from the factory or if its from having them tailored. Theres no tags in it. You can see the patches being worn by him in one of the photos. Second photo is him with another of his custom uniforms and a boonie. You cant see it well but on that uniform he had lower pockets added and Velcro removed.

ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN2389_zps5b648afb
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN2407_zps90d33f26
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN2390_zps6d182ec6
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN2392_zpsf872bc0f
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN2394_zps55e7e44c
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN240533333_zpsb5f2f163
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN0472_zpse4a59b64

Next is a well worn shirt with Afghan flag patch. The uniform is pretty beat up and the flag patch is starting to fall apart so this uniform was discarded. Patch is 100% original to uniform. This shirt is pretty typical of what was worn in the area where I was. Many ANA would not wear any patches and if they did it was usually just 1 or 2 on the sleeves. The tags in this shirt are gone.
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN2393_zpsabcddbae
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN24122222_zps5d94c613

Heres some random uniform items. This is stuff that Afghan forces would get from bazaars. Usually for stuff specifically for Afghan forces you would have to go to a bazaar close to a big town, city or base. In the more remote areas they wouldn't have anything. The brown t-shirt next to the belt is a ANA issued t-shirt. "Afghan Commandoes" shirts were commonly worn as undershirts but really anything was worn. The "ReeBok" shirt was given to me by an ANA. Civilian shirts like that were common as well. The scarves are digital camo ones and a Afghan flag one.
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN2396_zpsc587a65a

Heres a woodland camo shirt. Tags are washed out but the buttons have "A.N.G." on them. I saw some woodland uniforms being worn by ANA here and there. Wasn't very common though.
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN2399_zps3512cc78

Heres a photo of ANA on an OP showing woodland being worn along with a civilian t-shirt and belt.
    ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar DSCN2012_zps680d932b
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar Empty Re: ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar

Post by Nkomo Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Thank you for sharing these items and the great reference pics, JoeD.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar Empty Re: ANA Tailored Uniform and More from Kunar

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Great stuff. Thanks for posting here.
    Toasted Skittle
    Toasted Skittle
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by Toasted Skittle Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:49 am

Now that I look at that ANA Soldiers Modification, hes smart... that would totally work well with Body armor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am