OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taliban Cold Weather Coat from the anti-communist era

airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Taliban Cold Weather Coat from the anti-communist era Empty Taliban Cold Weather Coat from the anti-communist era

Post by airborne1968 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:32 pm

When I bought this coat at the Southern Bazaar on BAF, Parwan I thought it was simply a cold weather coat from Pakistan. However, one internet site suggests this is a Taliban coat used during the anti communist era for a short time period in the 1990s. It was made from camo material from Pakistan and it's use ended due to the Taliban being mistaken for government troops.

The coat appears to be manufactured vs being individually tailor made.

Tom

Taliban Cold Weather Coat from the anti-communist era August10
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Taliban Cold Weather Coat from the anti-communist era Empty Re: Taliban Cold Weather Coat from the anti-communist era

Post by kriegsmodell on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Excellent Tomas, thanks for posting this very rare item!

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.

Current date/time is Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:36 pm