OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Idea for a show, "I didn't know I was pregnant, while getting shot at"

Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

New Idea for a show, "I didn't know I was pregnant, while getting shot at" Empty New Idea for a show, "I didn't know I was pregnant, while getting shot at"

Post by Darktrooper Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:55 am

Female British Soldier reports to the medic while base is being attacked for severe stomach pain. Turns out she had a bun in the oven and was in labor. OOPS!

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/20/13979656-british-soldier-in-afghanistan-gives-birth-at-base-attacked-by-taliban#comments

oldfireguy
    oldfireguy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

New Idea for a show, "I didn't know I was pregnant, while getting shot at" Empty Re: New Idea for a show, "I didn't know I was pregnant, while getting shot at"

Post by oldfireguy Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 am

That could be a television show.
    Bluehawk
    Bluehawk
    Corporal
    Corporal

New Idea for a show, "I didn't know I was pregnant, while getting shot at" Empty Re: New Idea for a show, "I didn't know I was pregnant, while getting shot at"

Post by Bluehawk Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 am

Never have I ever understood how it is possible to not know one is pregnant, especially at the stage of labor and delivery.

I mean no periods for several months, a distinct swelling in the lower abdominal region consistent with the area where babies hibernate, swelling of breasts, center of balance being off, unusual weight gain, water retention... and not be aware of it?
    vicka1971
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by vicka1971 Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi guys,

All this story , looks like from Bible ( Holy Spirit and Marry) Wink
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Born in the battle, just like Conan.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 pm

hahahaha, happy baby who now has a double nationality : Afghan and british nationalities ! Laughing

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Bluehawk wrote:Never have I ever understood how it is possible to not know one is pregnant, especially at the stage of labor and delivery.

I mean no periods for several months, a distinct swelling in the lower abdominal region consistent with the area where babies hibernate, swelling of breasts, center of balance being off, unusual weight gain, water retention... and not be aware of it?

Womens bodies react differently to pregnancy than the "norm" ie. they still bleed from month to month, low hormone levels that would show that you are pregnant on a pee test.

Plus some of symptoms could be written off to being deployed, like water retention.

And vicka, she got pregnant three months before deployment, and if I need to explain the birds and the bees.......... What a Face

Bluehawk
    Bluehawk
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Bluehawk Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Darktrooper wrote:
    Bluehawk wrote:Never have I ever understood how it is possible to not know one is pregnant, especially at the stage of labor and delivery.

Womens bodies react differently to pregnancy than the "norm" ie. they still bleed from month to month, low hormone levels that would show that you are pregnant on a pee test.

Plus some of symptoms could be written off to being deployed, like water retention.

And vicka, she got pregnant three months before deployment, and if I need to explain the birds and the bees.......... What a Face
    Speaking of which, I've had three different pregnant wives. I love you

ALL of them, and myself, definitely knew they were pregnant.

Guessing that there are many variations and body types etc etc etc, still it seems mighty odd to have NO sign, or to fail to recognize ANY sign of (especially) a full-term pregnancy.

It happens though... it seems?
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Bluehawk wrote:Speaking of which, I've had three different pregnant wives. I love you

Guessing that there are many variations and body types etc etc etc, still it seems mighty odd to have NO sign, or to fail to recognize ANY sign of (especially) a full-term pregnancy.

More often than not. They Really did have a show, on lifetime or something like that My wife used to watch it before we dumped Direct TV, called "I didn't know I was pregnant."

Bluehawk
    Bluehawk
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Bluehawk Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Darktrooper wrote:
    Bluehawk wrote:Speaking of which, I've had three different pregnant wives. I love you

More often than not. They Really did have a show, on lifetime or something like that My wife used to watch it before we dumped Direct TV, called "I didn't know I was pregnant."
    I myself watched that program once, could not believe the show title, so I HAD to see it to believe it - and am still skeptical.

We are talking here about females, widely famous for being fanatical about their weight, NOT noticing an average 6-9 pounds baby plus excess water addage and swollen feet etc.?

It happens I guess, but sure seems odd (he says once again, in utter amazement) Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:26 pm