OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Blackwater IC Patch

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Blackwater IC Patch Empty Blackwater IC Patch

Post by kriegsmodell Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:10 pm

A "Sons of Anarchy" inspired Blackwater patch that was recently acquired from a source in the business. I think this patch has been reproduced to some degree and sold as original. I have several Blackwater items from this individual so would like to think this is a legit example. The detail on this patch is much better than some of the suspect eBay listings.

Blackwater IC Patch Mvc-0610

Arch, you are my Blackwater go to guy; any thoughts?

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Blackwater IC Patch Empty Re: Blackwater IC Patch

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:20 pm

I like it! Is it made in Afghanistan?
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Blackwater has been VZ Enterprises offically for a couple years. They changed sometime in 2009.

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:00 pm

The private military company originally known as Blackwater USA, later changed to Blackwater Security Consulting (BSC), and was later known as Blackwater Worldwide. This was the last name change in which "Blackwater" was used. In February 2009 the firm changed its name to Xe Services LLC. The company is now known as Academi and retains the largest security contracts (Afghanistan) with the US Government of any private firm. I am unaware of the company ever being known as VZ Enterprises. That said, I could be wrong .......

The patch is Asian made but does not appear to have been made in Afghanistan.

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    downboy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by downboy Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Not a patch expert but would like to know how we can tell aside from the obvious if a patch is US made?This patch has a merrowed edge.It used to be especially in the 80`s if a patch is merrowed edged/pig tailed and has an "iron on substance at the back then ergo US made.Thanks.
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:40 am

kriegsmodell wrote:
    The private military company originally known as Blackwater USA, later changed to Blackwater Security Consulting (BSC), and was later known as Blackwater Worldwide. This was the last name change in which "Blackwater" was used. In February 2009 the firm changed its name to Xe Services LLC. The company is now known as Academi and retains the largest security contracts (Afghanistan) with the US Government of any private firm. I am unaware of the company ever being known as VZ Enterprises. That said, I could be wrong .......

The patch is Asian made but does not appear to have been made in Afghanistan.

When I was at one of the blackwater sites now called the US Training Center in NC this was back in 09, the staff was bitching about the name changes. It was Xe, then the change to VZ enterprises they did go thru a bunch of changes. I even saw it on Fox news for a while that they were VZ enterprises...

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 am

downboy wrote:Not a patch expert but would like to know how we can tell aside from the obvious if a patch is US made?This patch has a merrowed edge.It used to be especially in the 80`s if a patch is merrowed edged/pig tailed and has an "iron on substance at the back then ergo US made.Thanks.

I'm far from a patch expert as well but handle a few from time to time. Although what you have posted above has been good information in helping to identify location of manufacture, it is not always accurate. More and more Asian made patches are being found with merrowed borders and some with tails as well. Even patches from Iraq and especially Afghanistan are being seen with the merrowed border. The plastic back remains an observation that usually indicates a US made patch but seemingly nothing is "hard and fast." By way of examples check out the link below to one of Rafals's postings seeking identification for patches that he has purchased in Afghanistan.

Note how many of these patches appear to have a merrowed border!

https://oefoif.forumotion.net/t2685-can-you-id-coalition-patches-from-afghanistan#23182

asianairborne
    asianairborne
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by asianairborne Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 pm

NICE. Is it in country made?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am