OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRMO-W33NYN and other DRMO labels ???

P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

DRMO-W33NYN and other DRMO labels ??? Empty DRMO-W33NYN and other DRMO labels ???

Post by P-E Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm just curious...do you know what means "DRMO-W33NYN" ? I see it on some items (not only jacket) and I've no idea of what it means ? Any information is welcome !

Here're some example of items with this code (pictures are from Ladrang - please refer to his sales)

DRMO-W33NYN and other DRMO labels ??? Dsc01297

DRMO-W33NYN and other DRMO labels ??? Dsc01365

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    hawkdriver
    hawkdriver
    Corporal
    Corporal

DRMO-W33NYN and other DRMO labels ??? Empty Re: DRMO-W33NYN and other DRMO labels ???

Post by hawkdriver Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Defense Reutilization Materials Office. It is where military gear goes to be put out of the system. The following letters show what DRMO facility they were processed through. This is the way that most gear gets into the surplus system.
    Philip

DRMO-W33NYN and other DRMO labels ??? Empty Re: DRMO-W33NYN and other DRMO labels ???

Post by Philip Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes. Means that these items are officially invalided out by the government.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:05 pm

Realy interesting ! Thanks you both for the explanations ! Wink

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:35 pm

One thing I will tell you is that the uniforms with the DRMO stamps were surplused YEARS ago. Probably 2004 or before. The US Government does not surplus combat uniforms anymore.
    Philip

Post by Philip Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Latest items I saw with these stamps were ACU shirts in 2006 I think.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:40 pm

The DRMO stopped the surplusing of uniforms quite some time back. They even went as far as to send letters/emails out to dealers who had bought surplus uniforms from the government asking for those items to be turned back in. From what I understand, you won't find combat uniforms coming out of the DRMO (or whatever they call it) now.
    oldfireguy
    oldfireguy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by oldfireguy Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:36 pm

I had about 300 sets of BDU's dropped off on me last year that a friend purchased at a DRMO auction in 2009. Maybe it depends on the uniforms.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:48 pm

DRMS DEMIL BULLETIN FY 07-06
    February 16,2007
    MILITARY COMBAT UNIFORMS

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY FOR ALL DRMO's WORLDWIDE: Military combat uniforms will only be released to Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and their Guard or Reserve components. This restriction applies to all Combat Uniforms (BDU, ACU, DCU, MARPAT, BDU 6-Color Desert AKA "Chocolate Chip", NWUs, AFBDU or ABU) worn by the armed forces of the United States (See the demil web site for a detailed description). This restriction includes the trousers, shirts, jackets, and associated headwear or helmet covers. A partial list of NSNs is attached, however, DRMOs must ensure that no military combat uniforms are released to non-military units regardless of stock number or if identified by an LSN.

Receipt: Military combat uniforms will be received or batched in accordance with established procedures. Expedited processing will be utilized. Combat uniforms will not be mixed with other clothing items during accumulation to facilitate ultimate disposal at ESD.

Reutilization: DRMO's will only allow release to Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and their Guard or Reserve components. No other Special Programs, Transfer, or Dunation release is authorized.

At ESD: DRMOs will hold combat uniforms pending receipt of further guidance. This guidance applies to all DRMO's, CONUS and OCONUS.

There has been a 3 page discussion over on the USMF. Link: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16770&hl=drmo&st=0
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:51 pm

I guess they could have rescended the ruling, but I haven't heard anything about that. Hmmmmm......
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Here is a link to the current US Government liquidation site. I searched by keyword and could find no ACU, woodland BDU, DCU, or other combat uniforms for sale. I may have overlooked something, but don't think I did.

Link: http://www.govliquidation.com/index.html
    CamoDeafie
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by CamoDeafie Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:47 am

that still doesn't stop soldiers from selling their extra uniforms for cash to the surplus shops or from uniforms being donated to Goodwill by families. a friend of mine just informed me that her particular Goodwill store has this policy and has had it in years; that all military uniforms are to be stripped of EVERYTHING; including flags and branch tapes; in reference to the "stolen valor act" and for security reasons. she's the Lead Cashier at this particular store, and when I asked her about military uniforms with names and stuff on them, that was the answer I got; which sucks. I don;'t know if it is the same for ALL GoodWill Industries stores; but my experience with them has borne it out; the best finds i've found were from other thrift stores, surplus stores on bases, and from online such as CraigsList.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:43 pm