OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Another One - I'm Thinking Perhaps a Contractor or the Like?

kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Another One - I'm Thinking Perhaps a Contractor or the Like? Empty Another One - I'm Thinking Perhaps a Contractor or the Like?

Post by kriegsmodell Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Interesting patch with double border indicating COMBAT CLOSE - PROTECTION TEAM. Center has depiction of operator in combat kit with Oakleys, body armor, LBV, M4, and drop leg pistol holster rig. The man is standing in front of a Suburban type vehicle. I'm thinking this might be for a contractor type position or team. nay information would be appreciated.

Another One - I'm Thinking Perhaps a Contractor or the Like? Mvc-0148

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Another One - I'm Thinking Perhaps a Contractor or the Like? Empty Re: Another One - I'm Thinking Perhaps a Contractor or the Like?

Post by Mercenary25 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Yeah, it does seem to be a contractor. Many of them had a job of protecting the VIPs.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm