OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--> TAKE CARE perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!

P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Empty --> TAKE CARE perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!

Post by P-E on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Look at this, and take care next time....

--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Boonie10

--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Boonie11

--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Boonie12
    (pictures come from a german forum)

--> colors look real, design is real, label look real BUT the manufacturer is Helikon...a polish manufacturer affraid

Now, take care when you see one of them...Just a "copy alert" Wink
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Empty Re: --> TAKE CARE perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!

Post by ladrang on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:26 pm

Good eye PE, thanks for this information
    Ben
    Ben

--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Empty Re: --> TAKE CARE perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!

Post by Ben on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 pm

That's a very convincing repro... the only thing missing is the embedded USMC logo.
    --> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Us-marpat-wood-ega

kilroy was here!
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by kilroy was here! on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:39 am

My only question is why? You can pick these originals up on Ebay for nothin' at all, why the heck would you want to buy a repro? Surely the production costs alone must be higher than the price for originals, how can anyone profit selling these? Oh well, after witnessing my grandpa (may his soul rest in peace), I already knew that Poles sometimes can get strange ideas.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:00 am

Ben, EGA is not a proof of authenticity. I've original helmet cover and garrison cap who have no EGA, and I'm 300% sure they are 100% original. And opposite to this, there's poor quality reproduction with EGA... So don't refer to EGA as a proof of authenticy, because they aren't ! Wink

And Kilroy, I call these reproduction "fakes for collectors". Original items of the USMC are expensive, I don't agree with you. when I see garrison cap or boonie hat for $20-30, marpat reversible helmet-cover for $35-50, yes that's expensive ! The reproduction are usualy cheaper and produced in quantity for low price by chinese (,...), and so someone malicious and dishonnest can resale them as an original and make some benefits.

Guy, you can't imagine the number of items that are copied. Last time I bought a pair of US desert boots. It's the most common model, we can buy pair for $15-20 in brand new condition...but this low price's not a reason, they're still copied ! They are perfectly done, but laces are different, materials have a poor quality, color is slightly lighter, and inside it's wrote "11W - Made in china" on a poor quality tag... Why I bought them ? Because I didn't know it exists copy of them, and pictures can not always reveal the true nature of items... I was very bad surprised to see they are repro when I received them...
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:33 am

Helikon do indeed make excellent repro kit,they produce VERY close repro of Multicam and MTP, thanks for the heads up Mon Ami Wink

من السهل جي
    joepe
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Empty Is this Boonie hat real ?

Post by joepe on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Hallo

Got this hat years ago from a good friend in the US, Is this the real thing ?
    Thanks
    Joe
    joepe
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Empty Is this Boonie hat real ?

Post by joepe on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:54 pm

--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Hat_111
    --> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Hat211
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:11 pm

joepe wrote:--> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Hat_111
    --> TAKE CARE  perfect reproduction of woodland marpat boonie hat !!!   Hat211

Joepe: Post an introduction in the introduction section per forum rules.. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:51 pm