OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts

bryanbg
    bryanbg
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts Empty Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts

Post by bryanbg Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Hello -

I picked up some foreign t-shirts for my collection, and need help identifying these.

The first one is "Swat Scouts," which I believe might be Pakistani

The second shirt bears both the U.S. and Lebanese flags

The third bears the tiger insignia of some unit, however I don't know the unit.

I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks!

Bryan

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts 20181128

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts 20181127

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts 20181126

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts 20181125

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts 20181124

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts 20181123
    thewolf
    Corporal
    Corporal

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts Empty Re: Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts

Post by thewolf Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:32 am

The Tiger symbol looks familiar...possibly the Khost Protection/Provincial Force (KPF).

Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:45 am

On the shirt with 6th-IR TC-Rayak the flag sure looks to be from Lebanon.  Rayak is an actual city in Lebanon so it
    it seems there is a connection there in one way or another.  I have no idea if the US has any advisors/troops based
    in Lebanon but Bryan some of the guys you know might have some details on any US forces in Lebanon.

Just did a quick Google on https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-special-forces-on-the-ground-in-lebanon-report/ and got this hit. So we did have boots on the ground. My guess would be the
    shirt is from a deployment.

TC-Rayak might be something like training center-Rayak

Best I can offer you Bryan; a good guess might put all of them from a deployment to Lebanon. The Rayak shirt is top
    notch that is for sure. Thanks for sharing.
    Cap Camouflage Pattern I
    Staff Sergeant Class I
    Staff Sergeant Class I

Post by Cap Camouflage Pattern I Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:58 am

I think the TC-Rayak one says "هدرب" which google translate says means "instructor".

I think the black one with the tiger says "المغاوير" which means "Commando"

Here is the Lebanese army commandos: https://www.lebarmy.gov.lb/ar/content/%D9%81%D9%88%D8%AC-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%BA%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%B1-0

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts Maghaw10
    Tiger head on a sword on a red background

"
    الشعار :
    يتألف الشعار من رأس النمر يرمز إلى الليونة والشراسة في آن واحد ويد جندي قابضة على خنجر دلالة على قدرة المغوار على تنفيذ العمليات الخاصة وخنجر يرمز إلى السلاح الصامت في القتال الخطر الذي يتقنه عناصر فوج المغاوير ولون أحمر يرمز إلى دماء الشهداء."

crude translation: "consists logo of the head of the tiger symbolizes the suppleness and ferocity at once Lloyd holding a soldier on a dagger indication of the ability of commando to carry out special operations and dagger symbolizes the silent weapon in fighting the danger that were good elements of the Regiment Commandos and the color red symbolizes the blood of the martyrs. "

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts Dsc_2410
    Here is a patch of it, it is shield shaped.

Looking close at the top of the shield on your shirt I can see traces of where "فوج المغاوير‎" lettering was or was supposed to be, either a printing error or it wore off.

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts Dsc_3810
    Here are Commandos, or Rangers I guess, wearing black T-Shirts with Ranger in white and arched like your المغاوير.

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts 300px-10
    Here is the exact design on your shirt.

https://www.lebarmy.gov.lb/ar/content/%D8%AD%D9%81%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AA%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%AD-%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%B2-%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%82-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A8-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D9%81%D9%88%D8%AC-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%AE%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%B3

"
    الأربعاء, 10 تشرين الأول 2018
    أقيم في قيادة فوج التدخل السادس ـــ قاعدة رياق الجوية، حفل افتتاح مركز رياق للتدريب المقدم كهبة من فريق التدريب الأميركي، برعاية قائد الجيش العماد جوزاف عون ممثلاً بنائب رئيس الأركان للعديد العميد الركن خليل يحي، وحضور شخصيات رسمية واجتماعية إلى جانب عدد من ضباط الجيش اللبناني والأميركي. وقد ألقى العميد الركن يحي كلمة بالمناسبة نوّه فيها بمبادرة الفريق الأميركي وجهوده ومما قاله: "يعد التدريب من الركائز الأساسية التي تبنى عليها قدرة الجيوش ووحداتها المختلفة، وبخاصة العملانية منها، بحيث يؤدي استمراره والمواظبة عليه إلى إنشاء توافق تام وتآلف كامل بين سلوك العسكريين وتفكيرهم من جهة، وبين الحوادث والحالات المتنوعة التي قد يمرون بها في معرض أدائهم للواجب. من هنا تتأكد أهمية هذا المركز المتطور، في ظل الظروف الصعبة التي تعاني منها البلاد، والمهمات الدفاعية والأمنية الجسيمة الملقاة على عاتق الجيش، الذي كان وسيبقى ساهراً على الأمن الحدودي والداخلي في جميع أنحاء لبنان، وتحديداً في البقاع الذي واكب الجيش منذ نشأته ورفده بخيرة أبنائه".
    في الختام نفذ عسكريو الفوج عروضاً قتالية مختلفة وقدم ممثل العماد قائد الجيش دروعاً تذكارية للذين ساهموا في إنشاء المركز."

Crude Translation: "Wednesday, 10 October 2018
    The inauguration ceremony of the Rayak Training Center was given as a gift by the American Training Team, under the patronage of Army Commander General Joseph Aoun, represented by Deputy Chief of Staff Brig. Gen. Khalil Yahya, and attended by official and social figures as well as a number of Lebanese army officers And the American. Brigadier General Yahya spoke on the occasion, noting the initiative of the American team and his efforts. He said: "Training is one of the basic pillars upon which the armies and their different units are based, in particular the operational ones, so that their continuity and persistence lead to the establishment of full consensus and full harmony between the behavior of the military and their thinking. And between the various incidents and situations that may pass in the performance of duty.
    In conclusion, the soldiers of the regiment carried out various combat offers and the representative of the army commander presented memorial shields to those who contributed to the establishment of the center."

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts Np101010
    Here is an American 5th Group member at TC-Rayak with the allied US/Lebanon flag. Notice the same Green arrow with lighting bolt sword as on your shirt.

Seeking Identity on Foreign Shirts Logo10
    The final logo on the TC-Rayak T-Shirt is this one, which is the Logo of the Lebanese Army.

Last edited by Cap Camouflage Pattern I on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:53 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : more info)
    bryanbg
    bryanbg
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by bryanbg Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Outstanding all! I really appreciate the assistance! Earlier this year I picked up what turned out to be a Lebanese camo set.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm