Evasion Chart EVC NI-38F

BM
    Sergeant Class I
    Sergeant Class I

Evasion Chart EVC NI-38F

Post by BM on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:04 pm

I was at a military show this past week end and one of the dealers had brought this chart (map) along in case I
    was interested in it.
     It is made of what feels like a waxy, stiff paper and is 41-1/2 inches by 58 inches. Ir has a desert 7 camo print
    which gives it a splotchy color. It has a chart on both sides. It covers part of Iraq and Iran.
     Besides being a chart, it has survival information in the borders about map reading, edible plants, first aid, survival
    and it can even be used to catch rain or used as a personal shelter. When folded up, it is only 10-1/2 14-1/2 inches.
    Bob

Static line
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Re: Evasion Chart EVC NI-38F

Post by Static line on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 pm

I have a few of those, and they can be found for sale occasionally. Nearly all of mine are dated from the early 1990s (with a few indicating "Soviet Union"). Yours being 2005 is the newest I've ever seen.
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:40 am

Seems like a ton of information on one map that is for sure. Nice pick up Bob!

BM
    Sergeant Class I
    Sergeant Class I

Post by BM on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Thanks guys. You never know what may show up at a military show.
    About 4 years ago, a vet from the Gulf War came in and he had some US Greenbacks (I forget what denomination) and he had
    picked them up at some parade ground. Apparently Saddam had them fastened to the ground somehow and the Iraqi Troops had to march
    over them. He picked up 8 or 10 of them and brought them back and was trying to sell them. I took him down to Craig Luther and we talked him
    into making a display of them for a future keepsake. They might even be counterfeit.
    Has anyone else ever heard of this at a parade ground? I thought there was a website mentioning this but can't find it again.
    Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:03 pm