OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Buzzard517
Nkomo
Mercenary25
7 posters

FAKE modified jackets

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

FAKE modified jackets Empty FAKE modified jackets

Post by Mercenary25 Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:11 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Desert-RAID-Modified-DCU-jacket-BDU-ARMY-SF-NSW-SEAL-/200494496857?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eae673c59#ht_3134wt_1139

This seller modify DCUs for customers. Thumbs down. It's bad for us in future because nobody would be able to tell the difference.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

FAKE modified jackets Empty Re: FAKE modified jackets

Post by Nkomo Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:31 am

Be VERY careful when buying any modified jackets from Ebay. Seems like people are catching onto how rare these jackets and how much they bring. affraid Thanks for the warning, Merc!

Best bet to find legit modifieds is from your local surplus store or bases. HOWEVER....that is still no guarantee for authenticity. Goodness....what is this world coming to? Evil or Very Mad
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:25 pm

One of way to catch fake modified DCUs are by reading the description carefully.

You are looking at a med reg desert modified DCU jacket otherwise known as a RAID jacket. This is a 'in great shape' surplus USGI DCU shirt. These are favorites of the special forces and SOCOM units. There is velcro closures on side/shoulder pockets, velcro strip for branch / name stripes, and velcro on the collar for tabs. This is a professionally modified jacket and is in great condition.
    If any one needs a certain size or any custom features on this type of jacket, please contact me via the contact seller link. I can modify these however you want them in whatever size. This is a rare item. Free US shipping with buy it now. Dont pay until I adjust your invoice accordingly.
    Buzzard517
    Buzzard517
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by Buzzard517 Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:09 pm

This guy don't sound real smart! They're so rare, he'll make you one? I'm confused now.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:03 pm

hey guy, there's no secret about that. It's like helmet and some other personalized modified items ! TAKE CARE !! It's why I never collect any special forces items because there's too many fakes !! And finaly it's not interesting to collect I think unless you are 100% sure of authenticity ! Here's my opinion about these modified items.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:25 pm

Where will it end ?, if I was very lucky I might see one of these Modded DCU's here in the Uk.....I would be gutted if it turned out to be a dodgy piece of kit.......Darn you to heck,shifty ebay sellers...
    CamoDeafie
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by CamoDeafie Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:04 am

had to log in to say this.

RAID modifications, the South, LibertyTactical761, the fact he's got a couple ghillie suits made on the site for sale, and "machine sewn" all made me think of a certain forum member from a couple years ago.... looking at his feedback, I don't think its the same guy but....I can't be certain, because I remember some references to having other people asking him to make the same stuff...*shrugs* I mean, this person sells sewing machine tools and art supplies in addition to the RAID modified uniforms (not just DCUs, but Woodlands apparently as well) buys quite an amount of gear/uniform pieces from sellers though.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Here is another.

http://cgi.ebay.com/US-NAVY-SPECOPS-SEAL-TEAM-SPARTAN-O1-DCU-TOP-SIZE-SMALL-/400176450649?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2c600c59#ht_3460wt_907

FAKE modified jackets 428194613_o

This seller sell a lot of SEAL patches (possibly commercials or novelties). It led me to the suspicious that it is a put together piece. I read along this seller's description. He mentioned "NICE TRIBUTE BLOUSE NEW UNUSED . COMPLETE WITH PATCHES SEEN." Now, I don't think he is trying to con anybody but it could easily fool anybody who didn't read the description.

It is IMPORTANT to read descriptions if you feel something is "off".
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 pm

You did right. It's well a copy (as some other !)
    HELMET COLLECTOR
    HELMET COLLECTOR
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by HELMET COLLECTOR Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:10 pm

I saw that one too. I think he has a few other put together SEAL uniforms.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am