OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Zeked
airborne1968
6 posters

ANA SF Tan beret

airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

ANA SF Tan beret Empty ANA SF Tan beret

Post by airborne1968 Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:24 pm

This is an older article but I thought it was interesting because it describes the ANA SF beret, awarded to SF course graduates, as being tan. Does anyone have pics of ANA SF berets worn in the field?

Here's the article. http://www.isaf.nato.int/article/isaf-releases/ana-special-forces-soldiers-receive-berets-in-ceremony.html
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

ANA SF Tan beret Empty Re: ANA SF Tan beret

Post by Zeked Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:18 am

I have not seen a tan beret on any Afghan soldier picture I ever remember. Thanks Clete

devsetter likes this post

demarcation
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

ANA SF Tan beret Empty Beret

Post by demarcation Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:59 am

I have seen these guys at KMTC range and from what I have seen if these are their SF soldiers then god help the rest of the army.
    If you really wanted if I am back out there I could try and take a pic of them.
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Maybe the tan beret is for school cadre?
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:37 pm

demarcation wrote:I have seen these guys at KMTC range and from what I have seen if these are their SF soldiers then god help the rest of the army.

Any pictures would be great if you can get some. Also we do have a policy here that new members post in introduction in the Introduction section of the forum. If you could take a minute to post there we would be greatful. Thanks Clete
    msmith275
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by msmith275 Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:18 pm

This is from Wikipedia. All the sources are credible media like Washington Post, DIVDS, etc. I also validated this with a buddy who did a couple tours at Camp Morehead with the commandos.

Commando graduates of the special forces course will retain their 'commando' tab and will also have a 'special forces' tab on top of the commando tab and they also receive a tan beret. These candidates are normally selected after serving four years as a Commando.[129] They were attached to teams of U.S. Special Forces operating in Kandahar province in the 2010 operation.[132][133]

In May 2010 the first class of the ANA Special Forces graduated from their 10 week qualification course and moved on to the operational portion of their training. In November 2010, the ANA Special Forces Class 1 received their tan berets in a ceremony at Camp Morehead, Kabul Province, after completing 26 weeks of on-the-job training partnered with U.S. Special Forces. The initial selection involved taking the 145 commandos who volunteered, putting them through a one week qualification process (similar to the one used in the United States), and finding, as in the U.S., that only about half (69) passed. These men formed the first four A-Teams (of 15 men each). Some of them who passed the 1st are being used to help American Special Forces train the 2nd class of candidates.[134] Special Forces soldiers are trained to focus on interaction with the population through jirgas with village elders, but capable of unilateral operations.[135] A second ANA Special Forces class completed training in December 2010.[136]

The force numbered between 1,000 to 1,500 in December 2011.[129] This unit also has female soldiers to act as support to deal with female civilians, such as searches, interviews or medical examinations. There are plans to create one special forces platoon of just female soldiers so they can talk to families (women and children).[129]
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:52 pm

demarcation wrote:I have seen these guys at KMTC range and from what I have seen if these are their SF soldiers then god help the rest of the army.

Welcome to the forum please post and introduction in the introduction section per forum policy. Thanks!

airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Does anyone have a tan AFG SF beret? Do they wear the same commando or ANA crest? IS there another thread about this subject on the forum? Tom
    aussie digger
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:00 pm

ANA SF Tan beret Ana_sf10
    airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:34 pm

Nice pic! Haven't seen the yellow tab before either. Tom