OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Combined Arms research library leadership interviews

airborne1968
    airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Combined Arms research library leadership interviews Empty Combined Arms research library leadership interviews

Post by airborne1968 Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:03 am

I found a link to literally thousands of interviews with commanders and other leaders during OEF/OIF.  Each interview concerns their time down range, can be searched by BOS as well as other key words, and made help any one on this forum who is searching for information. I will warn you, some of these are pretty boring but it is information you can't find anywhere else.  Enjoy! Tom

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cdm/search/collection/p4013coll13/searchterm/dogs;/field/all/mode/any/conn/and/order/creato/ad/desc
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Combined Arms research library leadership interviews Empty Re: Combined Arms research library leadership interviews

Post by Zeked Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:51 am

airborne1968 wrote:I found a link to literally thousands of interviews with commanders and other leaders during OEF/OIF.  Each interview concerns their time down range, can be searched by BOS as well as other key words, and made help any one on this forum who is searching for information. I will warn you, some of these are pretty boring but it is information you can't find anywhere else.  Enjoy! Tom

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cdm/search/collection/p4013coll13/searchterm/dogs;/field/all/mode/any/conn/and/order/creato/ad/desc

This is a GREAT site; I have downloaded about 1,000 military history (mostly WWII) articles from interviews to official reports. It is crazy how much information is there. I did not think to share the link so thanks Tom, nice of you to share this.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Combined Arms research library leadership interviews Empty Re: Combined Arms research library leadership interviews

Post by P-E Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:51 am

Yes, I've used it many time for my researches and it's very instructive. First hand accounts are always interesting !

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    Plunket75
    Plunket75
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by Plunket75 Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:55 pm

I gave an interview back in 2009 when I was a student at ILE at Fort Leavenworth.  It's cool to see this is still being done, just imagine if this would have been done after WW2.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:03 am