OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Dichotomy
bhmilitarycollector84
6 posters

war movies

bhmilitarycollector84
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

war movies Empty war movies

Post by bhmilitarycollector84 Tue May 04, 2010 11:30 pm

ok
    a while ago this move cam out my wife wanted to see
    deer john , its a chick flick thing , but the guy was in the army , special forces actually ,

he was in post 9/11 , and then stayed in and went all over after 9/11

so if you got to watch a chick flic with you wife , watch this one , atleast it has military stuff in it

ben
    Dichotomy
    Dichotomy

war movies Empty Re: war movies

Post by Dichotomy Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Pearl Harbor

'I don't want to watch a war movie'
    'honey it's a love story'
    'no it's not it's about guys running around with guns and airplanes killing each other'
    'no really it's a movie about love, friendship, and the duality of man, if you watch it with me and hate it I'll take you to the movies tomorrow'

worst case scenario is she falls asleep and you have to invest 1.5 hours tomorrow

It aint great but it will do Smile
    BringMeOurFlag
    BringMeOurFlag
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by BringMeOurFlag Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:19 pm

bhmilitarycollector84 wrote:ok
    a while ago this move cam out my wife wanted to see
    deer john , its a chick flick thing , but the guy was in the army , special forces actually ,

he was in post 9/11 , and then stayed in and went all over after 9/11

so if you got to watch a chick flic with you wife , watch this one , atleast it has military stuff in it

ben
    lol!
    I saw that movie to with my girlfriend. and Indeed, watch this movie and your girl is happy and you are it too =)(In my case Smile )

but an other OK movie is 'Top Gun'.
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:27 pm

No way!!! I don't want to watch a war movie with my wife, she s always talking during the movie Evil or Very Mad
    HoovieDude
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by HoovieDude Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:02 pm

And on the other side of the matter, I don't do to well watching war movies because I cannot stop from blurting out every jacked up deficiency or out right fantasy scene or act. Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:20 am

HoovieDude wrote:And on the other side of the matter, I don't do to well watching war movies because I cannot stop from blurting out every jacked up deficiency or out right fantasy scene or act. Very Happy

Laughing I'm with you on this one....pure fantasy movies has it's place yeah, but not war movies....

I am convinced Producers seem to base fire fight scenes,on the A-Team......Face sprays the enemy with 5.56,and the bad guy falls over and say's "Ouch" come on !!!!!!!! Laughing

(Apart from the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan ...that's more like it !!!)

من السهل جي
    HoovieDude
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by HoovieDude Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:25 am

Easy Gee wrote:
    HoovieDude wrote:And on the other side of the matter, I don't do to well watching war movies because I cannot stop from blurting out every jacked up deficiency or out right fantasy scene or act. Very Happy

Laughing I'm with you on this one....pure fantasy movies has it's place yeah, but not war movies....

I am convinced Producers seem to base fire fight scenes,on the A-Team......Face sprays the enemy with 5.56,and the bad guy falls over and say's "Ouch" come on !!!!!!!! Laughing

Or the guy who takes out dozens of heavily armed bad guys, with a pistol! LoL

Honestly though, all that brings up another reason why I have difficulty watching "war" movies. Having felt, tasted, smelled, and participated in it on numerous occasions, I don't need to see it glorified to the cheers of those who haven't.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:05 pm

HoovieDude wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:

Or the guy who takes out dozens of heavily armed bad guys, with a pistol! LoL

Honestly though, all that brings up another reason why I have difficulty watching "war" movies. Having felt, tasted, smelled, and participated in it on numerous occasions, I don't need to see it glorified to the cheers of those who haven't.

Oh,yeah I forgot about the pistol with 300 rounds ,that you just point and shoot ,and down go many bad guys...formative stuff the 80's TV Laughing

But on a serious note,I understand where your coming from Mike,respect to you for all the S**t you went through

من السهل جي

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content