Woodland or Desert FLC?

Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Woodland or Desert FLC?

Post by Mercenary25 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:52 pm

I'm considering to buy a used FLC. Most of FLCs I've seen on ebay are unissued mint ones. I feel that they would not make a nice display in my collection since I like them used with "been there and done that" look. On ebay, I finally found some used ones for reasonable prices.

However, I have a question for you guys. Who would have worn woodland FLC and who would have worn desert FLC? I'm thinking woodland one since it seem to be popular because it is worn with woodland IBA vests. Any thoughts?

Also, a reference photos of FLCs being worn would be SUPER nice! Thanks in advance.

nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Re: Woodland or Desert FLC?

Post by nkomo on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Okay....the answer to this question depends on what era you are looking to display. From what I've been able to gather the Woodland FLC's were used in the earlier parts of OIF and worn more with DCU's. The 3 -Color FLC's came out a bit later and would have been used in the latter parts of OIF/OEF. As a matter of fact, it was not unusual to see soldiers wearing the ACU uniform and 3-Color FLC's up until recently.

You will find many unusued Woodland and 3-Color FLC's out there.Finding a used one takes a little more effort, but they are out there. I have both versions in used and mint condition. They can be had for anywhere between $25-$40. If you can afford to buy a used example of both....I would. I don't think these will ever be an expensive item, but used examples will continue to disappear into collections as time progresses.
    Arch

P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:44 pm

At this time, the value for this item in woodland and DCU is realy low. The last one I bought in DCU camo, in unissued condition with some additionnal pouches, I paid it $9 (without shipping price). It's easy to find on ebay.

The more rarest is the one in coyote brown, used by the USMC. For this one, the price grow up to $50-100.

nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:53 pm

P-E wrote:At this time, the value for this item in woodland and DCU is realy low. The last one I bought in DCU camo, in unissued condition with some additionnal pouches, I paid it $9 (without shipping price). It's easy to find on ebay.

The more rarest is the one in coyote brown, used by the USMC. For this one, the price grow up to $50-100.
    P-E is correct. I meant $25-$40 with all the pouches. That is normally what I see price-wise at the surplus shops around the bases.

Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 pm

I saw coyote tan FLC vest minus pouches went for price range of regular woodland or dcu FLCs with pouches.

P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Yes, there's currently one on ebay at $45. It end now (# 150435142002).

just sold for $56. Price is good in comparison with other on sale on ebay. But we can find other for less. I already had one I paid $25 (new & buy it now option). Also without pouches. Just take time, and it's easy to find them for a good price !

pwmiraldi67
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by pwmiraldi67 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:48 am

Im sorry, whats a FLC?????

thanks,

paul

Misanthropic_Gods

Post by Misanthropic_Gods on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:25 am

pwmiraldi67 wrote:Im sorry, whats a FLC?????

thanks,

paul

FLC stands for Fighting Load Carrier, it is essentially an over-vest with PALS webbing on it.

image courtesy of Wolfcri from BushcraftUSA.com

Last edited by Misanthropic_Gods on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Misanthropic_Gods

Post by Misanthropic_Gods on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 am

double post

pwmiraldi67
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by pwmiraldi67 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:09 pm

cool, I just thought they were MOLLE vests?? now I know, "and knowing is half the battle"
    I see if I can a beat up used one too, all the ones I find are minty minty

paul

Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 pm

pwmiraldi67 wrote:cool, I just thought they were MOLLE vests?? now I know, "and knowing is half the battle"
    I see if I can a beat up used one too, all the ones I find are minty minty

paul

"MOLLE vests" are also what they known as but it too general because multiple new different MOLLE designs, rigs, vests, etc.... So it is officially known as FLC (Fighting Load Carrier).

Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Wed May 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Current date/time is Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 pm