OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
JoeD
Plunket75
6 posters

Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio

Plunket75
    Plunket75
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio Empty Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio

Post by Plunket75 Sun May 05, 2013 6:15 am

The radio looks like a U.S. PRC77 to me.

Afghan National Army Maj. Safi Nasrullah, Executive Officer assigned to 2nd Kandak, 2nd Brigade, 203rd "Thunder" Corps, talks to subordinate unit commanders during a patrol near the village of Nikol, Afghanistan, April 27, 2013. The patrol was a part of ANA Operation Pamier April 21- May 3, designed to seek out insurgents in the Districts of Bermal, Giyan and Zerok of Paktika Province. Maj. Shane Sandretto

Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio Other_11

Afghan National Army Maj. Safi Nasrullah, Executive Officer assigned to 2nd Kandak, 2nd Brigade, 203rd "Thunder" Corps, talks to subordinate unit commanders during a patrol near the village of Nikol, Afghanistan, April 27, 2013. The patrol was a part of ANA Operation Pamier April 21- May 3, designed to seek out insurgents in the Districts of Bermal, Giyan and Zerok of Paktika Province. U.S. Army advisors are in the background. Maj. Shane Sandretto

Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio Other_12
    JoeD
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio Empty Re: Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio

Post by JoeD Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Ive seen these radios used by the ANA in the field and in their TOC. Heres a photo I took in Dec 2012 in Kunar Province.

Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio EDITDSCN08121NEW_zps51007e5c
    drewchaneyaustralia
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio Empty Re: Interesting Afghan 203rd "Thuder" Corps photos - notice the radio

Post by drewchaneyaustralia Sun May 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Cannot believe the ANA XO (in the field) is so visually signposted with red collar rank devices whilst out on operational duty.
    MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Post by MyZone Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 am

drewchaneyaustralia wrote:Cannot believe the ANA XO (in the field) is so visually signposted with red collar rank devices whilst out on operational duty.

Looks like US forces in rear.....he is safe.

MZ
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper Mon May 06, 2013 3:43 am

yeah, its an AN/PRC-77
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:57 pm

Bump - Good Post
    MZ♠
    Ewart
    Ewart
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by Ewart Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:01 pm

Thanks for bumping this one. Interesting to see such, what I would see as, an old radio being used in modern times. Albeit nearly a decade ago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:54 am