OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Help with a U.S. hbt jacket not OEF/OIF

ScottG
    ScottG
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Help with a U.S. hbt jacket not OEF/OIF Empty Help with a U.S. hbt jacket not OEF/OIF

Post by ScottG Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:23 am

Hello everyone, I know this isn't OEF/OIF related but I am hoping to get an i.d. I have searched the USMF forum and even tried to join but for some reason it allows me to log on but I cannot view anything... I can view everything when not logged in but I digress.
    I have this hbt shirt that has the WWII style metal 13 star buttons, but with epaulets that have plastic buttons, and sleeve cuff closures with plastic buttons. So, my question is, is this a pattern 47 or something different? Would this be an officers variety or for any soldier? It had a name tape at one time as the impression is still embedded from the starching, also a 3rd Armored Division patch with the Spearhead tab was once attached.
    Please let me know ant starnge details or particulars about this shirt. I see them with plastic brown buttons with epaulets, or with the metal buttons and no epaulets, but I cannot find an example with both features and an explanation or i.d. Thanks in advance. Scott

Help with a U.S. hbt jacket not OEF/OIF 100_3911
    ScottG
    ScottG
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Help with a U.S. hbt jacket not OEF/OIF Empty Re: Help with a U.S. hbt jacket not OEF/OIF

Post by ScottG Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 am

A view of the epaulets and buttons. Scott.

Help with a U.S. hbt jacket not OEF/OIF 100_3912
    Darktrooper
    Darktrooper

Help with a U.S. hbt jacket not OEF/OIF Empty Re: Help with a U.S. hbt jacket not OEF/OIF

Post by Darktrooper Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:32 am

Most hbts did not have epaulettes, the ones that did were usually Military Police, as in the 50's many of the brassards had loops to attach to the epaulettes.

I'd be interested in taking this off your hands! Ill send you a PM

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 am