Chief Corporal

OIF M80 helmet Bring Backs

Post by mondo_fondo on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:29 am

mondo_fondo
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Re: OIF M80 helmet Bring Backs

Post by mondo_fondo on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 am

The first one is an Iraqi M80 bring back right from the factory. It still has the sticker inside of it.
    The second is my Fedayeen Saddam Helmet.
    The third is a OIF bring back from a house raid in Baghdad from a former Iraqi soldier who was in desert storm. Brought Back by a member of the 3rd ID.
    The fourth is a Republican Guard Helmet with a green Camo cover in good condition
    The last one was given to me by one of my best friends dad, who's father served in Iraq, and got it from one of his friends for me.

landser

Post by landser on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Found a bunch of those RG helmets with the green camo covers in tracked mortar vehicles along MSR Tampa during the invasion, brought some of them back.
    Darktrooper

Post by Darktrooper on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:03 pm

landser wrote:Found a bunch of those RG helmets with the green camo covers in tracked mortar vehicles along MSR Tampa during the invasion, brought some of them back.

Welcome to the forum, please take the time to post an introduction in the introduction section.

airborne1968
    Staff Sergeant Class II
    Staff Sergeant Class II

Post by airborne1968 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:24 am

REF: The third is a OIF bring back from a house raid in Baghdad from a former Iraqi soldier who was in desert storm. Brought Back by a member of the 3rd ID.

Now that is one cold hearted 3rd ID Soldier. Taking a former veterans helmet after he survived the Mother of all Battles. (NOTE: Let's assume the helmet was worn by the vet during the 91 Gulf War and he really wasn't in the Iraqi Army during OIF (wink, wink) since their plans was to strip off their uniform and gear and "blend into the local population" which must have been the case since his residence was the target of a raid.
    ScottG
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by ScottG on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:43 am

The third is definitely not from Desert Storm as this type of helmet didn't exist in 1991 unless I am looking at it the wrong way... As for one being Republican Guard, what makes that so? Other than a unit mark, the RG had the same helmets as the rest of the Army. Still, a very nice selection of helmets and well worth having in any collection.  Scott

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 pm