rearranged my Apartment; new displays!

CamoDeafie
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

rearranged my Apartment; new displays!

Post by CamoDeafie on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:35 pm

since my brother's got a new place, i gave him some furniture, which freed up space for me to build a cohesive display with one new mannequin and redid a couple displays to better reflect their respective eras; the shelving unit covered in camo holds my extra gear that are not already in the closet with uniforms;
    the complete display; L to R; Barber 82nd ABN/Idaho NG with 1986 LBV,US Army INSCOM unit(Intelligence and Security command) 6 color with Night parka and customized LCE-LC belt with 3 M16 pouches tied to custom M1956 harness and random pouches on it-Mercenary25, remember this!? Classic Desert Storm PASGT/sterile 6-color, LC1 equipment, Strobe light pouch added to shoulder, and Franklin 3 color modified DCU with 2000 contract E_LBV and SAW ammo pouches

detail of Night Camo display; I took net out of the gear's buttpack and put it on neck area as sweat rag, I do not know what INSCOM did over there, as there are NO information other than who they were..

detail of Franklin mannequin

tell me what you think of the display! Smile and yes thats a Norinco SKS resting against the Entertainment center lol
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Re: rearranged my Apartment; new displays!

Post by P-E on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Nice display ! Sometime I wish I had some place to do the same...at this time, majority of my collection is in box, too bad...will try to resolve this problem during my holidays ! Very Happy

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    wasntme
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by wasntme on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Good job ,nice items.

David
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Really nice display. Great use of the available space!

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:21 pm

I like how you use common items like LBV and ALICE gear to create great display. Not too high speed, very old school.
    wasntme
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by wasntme on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Hey before all this fancy stuff thats all we had .
    David

Col Kurtz
    Sergeant Class II
    Sergeant Class II

Post by Col Kurtz on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Good job, in the sample you can find the three standart loadout of the US Army in the 90's and early 2000.

This makes rethink my situation. I also have put my entire collection on shelves and boxes. And think should be better exposed in the wall or on mannequins.
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:49 pm

wasntme wrote:Hey before all this fancy stuff thats all we had .
    David

I was giving him compliment because I love the old school gear like LC-2 gear but I think I worded it vaguely in previous post. Smile

CamoDeafie
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by CamoDeafie on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:32 pm

three standard loadouts; correct! I DO have a 90s 40mm grenadier vest somewhere, but I am on the look out for more industrial shelves and torso mannequins or suit racks to do more....in one closet i have 7 complete displays on wooden hangers that I can switch out when I feel like it Smile (2 are LBV types, 1 is british DPM, 1 is BHI Omega vest; MOLLE FLC and MOLLE RACK, and a late 70s/early 80s USMC RDF with LC rig)
    Ben

Post by Ben on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Great displays! I really like the night camo display.

Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Aah I forgot to mention that I remember this custom LBE. Someday I would love to have it back. Would be great for desert storm display. Smile

CamoDeafie
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by CamoDeafie on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:31 pm

hahahaa Merc; I am KEEPING it for now Very Happy am still trying to find info on the unit tho. (INSCOM)

EDIT: found something about Desert Storm!
    It soon became apparent the post-Cold War world would continue to hold unforeseen and unforeseeable perils. In the unstructured international environment created by the sudden collapse of the bipolar world order imposed by the Cold War, crises could -- and did -- take place around the world. At the end of 1989, the threat posed to American interests in Panama by the country’s narcotics-linked strongman provoked an American military intervention, Operation JUST CAUSE. Eight months later, the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq resulted in a massive deployment of American forces to the Arabian peninsula and the subsequent liberation of the emirate in Operation DESERT STORM. The challenges of JUST CAUSE and DESERT STORM -- successive crises occurring half a world apart and in totally unrelated linguistic environments -- made large demands on military intelligence and appeared to serve as a portent for the future.

INSCOM successfully met these demands. Its 470th Military Intelligence Brigade had been in place in Panama when that crisis broke. INSCOM’s 513th Military Intelligence Brigade, with a long-standing contingency mission to support U.S. Army Central Command, was positioned to meet Army intelligence requirements when deployment to the Persian Gulf began. Once brigade elements had moved to Saudi Arabia, INSCOM was able to augment the unit by "lifting and shifting" its own assets around the globe. As the situation reached its climax, the brigade’s echelon-above-corps intelligence center was expanded to a full operations battalion and placed in support of the G2 of Central Command’s Army component.
    -source http://www.inscom.army.mil/Organization/History_supp.aspx?text=off&size=12pt

so; the night camo set up makes sense for INSCOM!
    Mission: The 513th Military Intelligence Brigade deploys in strength or in tailored elements to conduct multidiscipline intelligence and security operations in support of Army components of U.S. Central Command, and theater Army commanders.

The 513th Military Intelligence Brigade is comprised of four battalions and a task force: 202nd, 224th, 297th, 345th, and Task Force Lightning. Each unit has a unique mission that plays a vital role in the mission of the brigade as a whole.

The 201st MI Battalion was activated as part of the brigade in 1982. The battalion has been actively engaged in virtually every major military contingency operation since Desert Storm, to include multiple deployments to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, three rotations to Somalia, two deployments to Haiti, Ecuador, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Qatar, Australia, Singapore, Korea, Bosnia and Kosovo.
    it also makes sense if the original seller of the LBE was in Bosnia/Kosovo as relayed to me by MErcenary25 Wink

hmm this is very interesting! I think i shall be keeping this particular display as is!
    wasntme
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by wasntme on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:22 pm

No Merc i was just funning you man i know cheers

David
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Zeked on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Great display! Very nicely laid out and easy to appreciate!
    aussie digger

Post by aussie digger on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Awesome display, Makes me wish even more that I was in a position to do a display like that!
    Red_Nek
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by Red_Nek on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:01 am

Excellent stuff! I just wish that my man cave was finished so that I could do the same. You've got a nice looking and well thought out display.

Dave

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:27 pm