US ubac shirt or just a c**p airsoft item

Richard101
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

US ubac shirt or just a c**p airsoft item

Post by Richard101 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:19 pm

hi this only cost a few quid so took a punt on it peoples opinions would be great cheers Richard

Easy Gee

Re: US ubac shirt or just a c**p airsoft item

Post by Easy Gee on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:53 pm

I can't say I've personally seen anything exactly the same as this one before.Can you make out what the writing above the washing instructions, that might help to narrow the search down a bit?

Here's my feelings, yes it may be commercial, but as we've seen many times before ,that doesn't mean anything,so any ideas from the seller where and when it might have been used??

Of course it goes without it could well be an Airsh*t piece, but as you rightly pointed out, you didn't pay much, so maybe it won't be such a painful purchase!!!!

Sorry to be so vague Mate Wink

من السهل جي
    Richard101
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by Richard101 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Just can not read it its one of those someone might know it will do for work or something if it's a junk find cheers Easy
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Did you take a look at the seller's other items? It helps.
    warloch
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by warloch on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:05 pm

Well it basically looks like someone sewed ACU arms (in tri color) to an under armor type T-Shirt. In my opinion it is a real piece. I have a gut feeling that is is some operator modified shirt. I mean it also has sewn on IR squares. I have never seen civilian companies geared to airsoft make clothes with IR anything sewn on. I mean yeah it could just be a piece of plastic but still they normally dont do that. It looks to me like you have a operator custom tri color UBAC Shirt however we will never be sure without pictures or whatever it is on that tag.
    Dak2
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by Dak2 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:39 pm

i agree, i believe its custom. I havent seen any airsoft company just sew velcro over button holes like that. And afaik 5-11 only makes multicam combat shirts. Nice find Very Happy
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 pm

I have a few of these in my personal collection and know the people they all came from. Airsofters do use this type of garment, so there really is no way to know for sure. Your shirt is unlike the shirts I own, but that means nothing as these were all privately modified by the individuals.

That being said, one thing I like about your piece is the laundry tag in the collar area. Not saying that is a 100% guarantee, but I do find laundry tags in uniforms that have been issued. Hope this helps.

Also, could the shirt part be a 5.11 Tactical Series shirt? Maybe Lance, JKin, or Downboy can help out on this one.

Last edited by nkomo on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

downboy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by downboy on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Plausible on both ends.Would be interesting to find out the shirt size.Airsofters are very resourceful and do lots of research too to make they`re gears more realistic if they can`t get the actual piece.But then again airsofters would normally go for Underarmour shirts to use due to its brand.My 2 cents.
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Dak2 wrote:i agree, i believe its custom. I havent seen any airsoft company just sew velcro over button holes like that. And afaik 5-11 only makes multicam combat shirts. Nice find Very Happy

I've seen airsofters with humvees here in Europe...so do you realy think a small IR square is hard to get ? Without the exact provenance of this vest, nobody can be sure. There's simply a probability of 50% it's an original / 50% it isn't.

now, for the laundry label, trust me, if they took an used jacket...maybe it was already present inside !

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    warloch
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by warloch on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Well obviously. I could be an airsofter who bought all my gear from a navy seal, I could go to all lengths to get gear. Of course an airsofter COULD go make this but most wouldn't. At least not most airsofters in Midwestern America. Just saying.
    Dak2
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by Dak2 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 pm

True, we have airsofters over here paying 2k plus for optics to go on fake rifles Laughing but humvees, thats a whole new level.
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:04 pm

warloch wrote:Well obviously. I could be an airsofter who bought all my gear from a navy seal, I could go to all lengths to get gear. Of course an airsofter COULD go make this but most wouldn't. At least not most airsofters in Midwestern America. Just saying.

Are you saying that airsofters do buy real gear and uniforms from Navy Seal then play in them?! Mad Mad Mad Mad

John Brown
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by John Brown on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:
    warloch wrote:Well obviously. I could be an airsofter who bought all my gear from a navy seal, I could go to all lengths to get gear. Of course an airsofter COULD go make this but most wouldn't. At least not most airsofters in Midwestern America. Just saying.

Are you saying that airsofters do buy real gear and uniforms from Navy Seal then play in them?! Mad Mad Mad Mad
    Do bears do #2 in the woods?
    warloch
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by warloch on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Well there's this one guy that I go airsofting with who is a steel shooter and I've seen pictures of him running and gunning courses in the mud in AOR1 Crye pants and an AOR1 Eagle Industries Plate Carrier. So yes some people pay out the ass for things on the internet and then use them and ruin them...
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:12 pm

John Brown wrote:
    Mercenary25 wrote:

Do bears do #2 in the woods?

I don't appreciate it.

JKin
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by JKin on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:48 am

There are some sellers that offer tailoring services to make custom combat shirts like this one on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Combat-Shirt-FROG-CAG-SFOD-D-SF-DEVGRU-MARSOC-Massif-AOR1-Crye-Precision-/190660226882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c643c2f42#ht_7468wt_1270

Im almost certain that yours was a custom job and not from a manufacturer. Unless you know who the previous user was or got it near a base you pretty much cant tell if it was used by a 'high speed' dude. SOF guys have modified DCU and BDU's into combat shirts like this one, and commercial tailors (quite possibly some of the same tailors that do SOF jobs) now offer that service to a wider clientel. As long as it isnt an Asian knock off, its all pretty much the same. Nice find regardless.
    asianairborne
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by asianairborne on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 am

Being an Airsofter and collector, I can gurentee that as a non Asoft item. I would say thats tailor made by a soldier in country. Most airsoft made stuff is absolute garbarge. That looks like it has quality to it. Its the only one Ive ever seen.

ArchiaskCommando
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by ArchiaskCommando on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:06 pm

Airsofters go to hell and back for Accuracy in their kits. Don't look down on them too much, being one myself I assure you we like real stuff better than crappy Repro items.
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:51 pm

ArchiaskCommando wrote:Airsofters go to hell and back for Accuracy in their kits. Don't look down on them too much, being one myself I assure you we like real stuff better than crappy Repro items.

Exactly. Your above statement is why this hobby will become very difficult for collectors in the near future. No one will be able to tell the difference between airsoft used and actual military used items.

This isn't a slam, just a statement of fact.

P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:27 pm

nkomo wrote:
    ArchiaskCommando wrote:Airsofters go to hell and back for Accuracy in their kits. Don't look down on them too much, being one myself I assure you we like real stuff better than crappy Repro items.

Exactly. Your above statement is why this hobby will become very difficult for collectors in the near future. No one will be able to tell the difference between airsoft used and actual military used items.

This isn't a slam, just a statement of fact.

In addition to this some airsofters do not hesitate to modify real items to have the result they want based on their inspiration models ; this include modify uniforms, helmets, headgears,....

And airsofters also use real stuff for their game...but after some uses and wasches, current uniforms simply lost their colorations and durability. So who know what will remains of these uniforms in future ? Some are burned by military directly to avoid any reuse, some are used by civilian for painting works or I don't know what else, and finaly some are used by airsofters...and only a small community of collectors try to preserve this stuff for future generations...

To be honest with you ArchiaskCommando, I'ld prefer airsofters use reproduced items made in china than real stuff...

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:37 am