OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Mercenary25
Zeked
zvez
7 posters

fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay BEWARE!!!!

zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay  BEWARE!!!! Empty fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay BEWARE!!!!

Post by zvez Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Depressing, but this seller has a whole slew of afghan and iraq patches, all that I looked at are fakes. They've all got characteristic merrowed edge which neither IRaqi nor Afghan patches have.

Prices not high but $7 or $8 for a fake is too much

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Militaria-/13956/i.html?item=290681539751&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43adf84ca7&_ssn=shearsandmore

Chris
    Zeked
    Zeked
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay  BEWARE!!!! Empty Re: fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay BEWARE!!!!

Post by Zeked Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:16 pm

In the description of one of the patches it says you can either sew them on or iron them on. Hopefully nobody will drop some money on them and be disappointed. At least they are selling them as reproductions. Thanks!
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay  BEWARE!!!! Empty Re: fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay BEWARE!!!!

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks for a head up, Chris!
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:27 am

zvez wrote:Depressing, but this seller has a whole slew of afghan and iraq patches, all that I looked at are fakes. They've all got characteristic merrowed edge which neither IRaqi nor Afghan patches have.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for posting this information and I agree that the patches in question are reproductions of actual "theatre mades". That said, there are genuine theatre made patches from both Iraq and Afghanistan (and other locations) with merrowed edges. Although the merrowed style edge may not be as pronounced or as obvious as the border on US made examples they do exist on theatre made patches. Merrowed type edging on some theatre made patches can be very noticeable. Just a reminder to examine and review the entire construction of any patch or insignia when evaluating for originality and/or location of manufacture. My thoughts only .....

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:09 pm

About the merrowed edging. As far as Iraq army insignia goes. they don't have a merrowed edge in the way that US/western patches do, at least not the bulk of the ones I've examined/had, ditto to alot of the IRaqi made coalition force patches (not theatre made which is an important distinction here, as theatre made could be anywhere in the theatre, kuwait, etc..

The typical merrowed edge as I interpret it is a very heavy almost ropelike edge that rolls around the patch. Now with Iraqi constructed patches, they have what I'll call a "pseudo" merrowed edge, in that the emobroidery does wrap around the edge of the patch it's very sparse and you can see the base fabric of the patch thru the sparse embroidery, very much like a cut edge.

So, with those caveats, there ya go. Hope I've made some bit of sense.

I know I tend to drone a bit at times, bear with me! Wink

kriegsmodell wrote:
    zvez wrote:Depressing, but this seller has a whole slew of afghan and iraq patches, all that I looked at are fakes. They've all got characteristic merrowed edge which neither IRaqi nor Afghan patches have.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for posting this information and I agree that the patches in question are reproductions of actual "theatre mades". That said, there are genuine theatre made patches from both Iraq and Afghanistan (and other locations) with merrowed edges. Although the merrowed style edge may not be as pronounced or as obvious as the border on US made examples they do exist on theatre made patches. Merrowed type edging on some theatre made patches can be very noticeable. Just a reminder to examine and review the entire construction of any patch or insignia when evaluating for originality and/or location of manufacture. My thoughts only .....

rsunday
    rsunday
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by rsunday Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:06 am

Hello
    I want to add a few comments.
    Merrowed edge patches made in Afghanistan become more popular. You can see more of them (newer sewing machines?)
    I saw a few patches made in this way in Kabul - USSF, variants of IJC, NTM-A and others.
    I have enclosed a photo of one patch from 10th SFGA made in Kabul with merrowed edge (removed some part to prevent making fakes).
    All the best
    Rafal

fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay  BEWARE!!!! Unk_od10
    rsunday
    rsunday
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by rsunday Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 am

Be aware of another fake maker from Poland.
    His Ebay nickname is OldCapt2000.

He mainly sells fakes of Polish and US SOF patches from Afghanistan. He ordered many of them in Afghanistan but as a pattern he used photos from other auctions! You can imagine the quality.

Additionally he sells re-strikes of Polish 6th Airborne Divison patches from 60-70'es (PVC on material) made from geuin dies.
    Rafal
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:42 pm

rsunday wrote:He mainly sells fakes of Polish and US SOF patches from Afghanistan. He ordered many of them in Afghanistan but as a pattern he used photos from other auctions! You can imagine the quality.
    Rafal

Hello Rafal,

Fakes made in Afghanistan ! Who will tell the difference ? Too bad. Evil or Very Mad

Jean-Yves
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:46 pm

rsunday wrote:Be aware of another fake maker from Poland.
    His Ebay nickname is OldCapt2000.

He mainly sells fakes of Polish and US SOF patches from Afghanistan. He ordered many of them in Afghanistan but as a pattern he used photos from other auctions! You can imagine the quality.

Additionally he sells re-strikes of Polish 6th Airborne Divison patches from 60-70'es (PVC on material) made from geuin dies.
    Rafal

Agree with everything that Rafal has said above. Would add that this "gentleman" has also contacted collectors and asked for to scale digital pics or scans of various patches. In asking, indicates the the pics or scans are needed for a reference article or book. In actuality, the images have been used to produce some relatively convincing reproductions. Be aware!

Rafal - Nice 10th SFG patch!! Thee are a couple of variations of this piece also .....

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    rsunday
    rsunday
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by rsunday Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Hello,
    Unfotunatelly.
    The only way is to compare with patches from good source and ... avoid "such" sellers.
    Rafal
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Thu May 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi,

More fakes and stolen photos from our forum Evil or Very Mad
    JYN

http://cgi.ebay.fr/COMMANDO-AFGHANISTAN-U-S-Special-Forces-NAVY-SEALs-ANASF-patch-mod-2-/270941321676?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f155c79cc
    Jim McCauley
    Jim McCauley
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Jim McCauley Thu May 03, 2012 3:07 pm

I think the fakes have been there for years. When I deployed to Iraq my unit had designed and ordered deployment patches in the United States. I have since seen very poor copies of the same patch being offered as "theater made" patches sold on ebay by a guy with a Kuwait address.

Bottom line, no member of our unit ever wore a "theater made" deployment patch in theater!

Funny thing is it sold for over $30 on ebay! confused

Best regards.

Jim
    kriegsmodell
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Moved from SALE & TRADE to COMMERCIAL/HUNTING/REPRODUCTION & FAKED ITEMS as a more appropriate section for this message.

JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Wed May 01, 2013 11:44 am

Hello,

More reproductions of french patches which I did post on this forum.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ELITE-NATO-COALITION-FRENCH-BATTLE-GROUP-WILD-GEESE-at-FOB-SUROBI-AFGHANISTAN-b-/400415614587?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3aa1667b

JYN

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay  BEWARE!!!! Repro311

Reality !

fake OIF and OEF patcheson ebay  BEWARE!!!! Img_0424

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am