Toasty's Small collection

    Share
    avatar
    toasty13
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2011-12-16
    Age : 29
    Location : fort bragg

    Toasty's Small collection

    Post by toasty13 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

    Decided to share what i have in my small collection, its a work in progress. please enjoy and comment.

    this is the main display of uniforms in my room looks like, closet has more.


    fillipino army reserves




    Thai Royal Marines



    Irish Issue "wooly-pully"



    Polish


    luxembourg 1st Sgt



    German KSK



    Kenyan dpm


    Colombian Special police/DEA



    CCU


    Ranger Qualified SFC



    Modified Rigger bdu SSG



    BDU flight 3rd ID


    SF modified BDU #1



    Airforce bdu...airborne


    Airforce combat controller


    Modified BDU#2



    Modified Chocolate chips


    navy chocolate chips


    Army Deployed choclate chips


    Modified Tan flight SPC


    Modified DCU SSG Lane



    Modified DCU #3


    4th ID oif modified DCU


    Modified DCU #4


    A2CU


    Marpat desert


    Crye frog top...and stormtrooper blaster.


    W.O.C green top


    SF unit fleece




    Iraq road sign i stole >Very Happy has value to me more than most would realize. I took it because as a medic driving around i broke speeding limits all the damn time. hey what can i say im a wild man i cant drive 55. Also because it helped me calm down. It told me to slow down and analyse what i was doing.


    modified ach



    marine unit coin
    d BDU#2


    patch collection from down range



    kuwait campaign medal







    avatar
    coolcav20
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

    Posts : 246
    Join date : 2011-10-09
    Location : Maryland

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by coolcav20 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:13 pm

    Nice collection. You've got some nice items. I especially love those modified DCU's and MARPAT jackets.

    John Brown
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

    Posts : 180
    Join date : 2011-09-15
    Location : Houston, Texas

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by John Brown on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:05 pm

    toasty13 wrote:
    Modified Chocolate chips

    This one most likely isn't "modified".

    This was probably worn by an Air Force or Navy pilot (they would wear their velcro-backed flight suit nametag on the velcro square)
    avatar
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Posts : 4552
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Location : USA

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by nkomo on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:35 pm

    Very nice collection, Toasty! You have got some great items!
    avatar
    toasty13
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2011-12-16
    Age : 29
    Location : fort bragg

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by toasty13 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 pm

    John Brown wrote:
    toasty13 wrote:
    Modified Chocolate chips

    This one most likely isn't "modified".

    This was probably worn by an Air Force or Navy pilot (they would wear their velcro-backed flight suit nametag on the velcro square)


    modded is modded

    John Brown
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

    Posts : 180
    Join date : 2011-09-15
    Location : Houston, Texas

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by John Brown on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:10 am

    toasty13 wrote:
    John Brown wrote:
    toasty13 wrote:
    Modified Chocolate chips

    This one most likely isn't "modified".

    This was probably worn by an Air Force or Navy pilot (they would wear their velcro-backed flight suit nametag on the velcro square)


    modded is modded
    It's not "modded" if it's a uniform requirement.

    The Navy and Air Force do not conform to Army standards, you know.
    avatar
    Darktrooper
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Posts : 686
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Location : Look in your Rearview mirror

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by Darktrooper on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:12 pm

    John Brown wrote:
    toasty13 wrote:
    John Brown wrote:
    toasty13 wrote:

    This one most likely isn't "modified".

    This was probably worn by an Air Force or Navy pilot (they would wear their velcro-backed flight suit nametag on the velcro square)


    modded is modded
    It's not "modded" if it's a uniform requirement.

    The Navy and Air Force do not conform to Army standards, you know.

    Then by that definition then the SEAL uniforms aren't modified since its a uniform requirement for the teams.


    _________________
    Honorably Discharged US Army Veteran
    SGT, Military Police
    OEF VI-VII

    John Brown
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

    Posts : 180
    Join date : 2011-09-15
    Location : Houston, Texas

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by John Brown on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:00 pm

    Darktrooper wrote:
    John Brown wrote:
    toasty13 wrote:
    John Brown wrote:
    toasty13 wrote:

    This one most likely isn't "modified".

    This was probably worn by an Air Force or Navy pilot (they would wear their velcro-backed flight suit nametag on the velcro square)


    modded is modded
    It's not "modded" if it's a uniform requirement.

    The Navy and Air Force do not conform to Army standards, you know.

    Then by that definition then the SEAL uniforms aren't modified since its a uniform requirement for the teams.
    Air Force regulations have allowed for the wear of the pilot's leather name badge as shown. It's not a mod, it's regulation.

    Unit-level modifications differ per unit, based on operational requirements, and are not anywhere to be found in service-wide uniform regulations (these unit-level decisions make for the "modded" uniforms we collect)

    Besides, special ops units have never been restricted to any uniform regulations, so using them is a bad example.

    The Air Force pilot BDU (with velcro patch over breast pocket) has been part of AF regulations as far back as the '80s. If it's a mod, then any bog-standard BDU is a "mod", too.

    Ah, confirmed by a third party: Uniform Change Question - AFForums

    Not a mod.
    avatar
    toasty13
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2011-12-16
    Age : 29
    Location : fort bragg

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by toasty13 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 pm

    cool thanks
    avatar
    rsunday
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

    Posts : 137
    Join date : 2011-06-08
    Location : Poland

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by rsunday on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:39 am

    Hello,
    Cool collection! Congrats!
    Unfortunatelly "Polish" sweater is not Polish ...
    Greetings
    Rafal
    avatar
    toasty13
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

    Posts : 107
    Join date : 2011-12-16
    Age : 29
    Location : fort bragg

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by toasty13 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:42 pm

    rsunday wrote:Hello,
    Cool collection! Congrats!
    Unfortunatelly "Polish" sweater is not Polish ...
    Greetings
    Rafal

    what is it? ive been trying to figure it out myself

    Sponsored content

    Re: Toasty's Small collection

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:49 pm