OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Iraqi Special Operations Patch

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Special Operations Patch Empty Iraqi Special Operations Patch

Post by Mercenary25 Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Iraqi Special Operations Patch 10610

Iraqi Special Operations Patch 00971010

Iraqi Special Operations Patch Img_0013

Last edited by Mercenary25 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Special Operations Patch Empty Re: Iraqi Special Operations Patch

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:05 pm

I think this patch may be a fake. Someone told me that the seller who sold this to me has many bogus looked Iraqi patches. So I looked at the patch and picture of one in use carefully... I noticed the noticable difference:

-Real one is more wider, the one I have is more narrower
    -The green weath in real one is more thick and mine is thinner
    -Real one has arabic lettering on top while mine has english "Special Operations"
    -Mine has incorrect looking beak.
    -Chute is narrower and has thick black lines while real one is wider and has thin black lines (or none at all).

What do you guys think? Could it be US copy made for collectors?
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Jeremy, the above one looks ok, some of his stuff seems legit, here is one that I definately don't like. I note a lot of his Iraq patches of this construction (ie the thread weave is too dense on these and not typical of iraqi manufacture.Iraqi Special Operations Patch Skull_10
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:21 pm

These look iffy as well to me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iraq-Iraqi-Counter-Terrorism-Sleeve-Patch-Rare-/250959550611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6e5ad893
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iraq-Iraqi-Special-Weapons-And-Tactics-SWAT-Sleeve-Patch-Rare-/250959551289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6e5adb39
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:35 pm

NOw contrast some of his offerings with known legitimate items. These are mostly in my collection and I can vouch for the origin.
    Look closely at the threadwork. The iraqi originals the weave is not nearly as dense as it is on his. and as is well known now, 99.9% of iraq made patches are cut edged and obviously so.

Also, most of the iraq patches have a limp feeling to them, ie very soft fabric (not all of course). This is hard to tell tho as many have velcro bcking now. HIs copies are actually better made than the originals.

Iraqi Special Operations Patch 2_swat11Iraqi Special Operations Patch 100_0610Iraqi Special Operations Patch Iraqis10Iraqi Special Operations Patch Iraqsc10Iraqi Special Operations Patch Iraqis11

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm