OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
joefriday22
zvez
MyZone
downboy
Nkomo
Mercenary25
10 posters

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Empty A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:58 am

I couldn't believe my eyes when I stumbled across this faked grouping on ebay.... This seller, well, we all are familiar with and his situation with patching up some original DPM jackets to enhance the value. There are two red flags in this grouping.

The first red flag is what made me upset... I traded him this OIF 1st Calvary T-shirt long time ago, unaware that in the future he would use it to create a fake grouping. Mad

Another red flag: ISAF patch with the 1st Calvary? The ISAF patch is authoritized for wear only in Afghanistan beside 1st Cav was in Iraq ever since 2003. Rolling Eyes

Link to the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grouping-1st-Cav-shirt-Army-Combat-Shirt-IRAQ-AFGHANISTAN-/170759010086?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c207b726

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang 13734810

Last edited by Mercenary25 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 am; edited 6 times in total
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Empty Re: A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 am

Photos from the auctions:

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Kgrhqj10

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Kgrhqr10
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Empty Re: A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:02 am

Refer to my old F/S thread, you will see the EXACT T-shirt with a proof that Ladrang bought it.

https://oefoif.forumotion.net/t1801-1st-calvary-oif-t-shirt?highlight=1st+calvary
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:09 am

A leopard can't change its spots.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:18 am

Very true, Arch.
    downboy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by downboy Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:45 am

Former member?I must have missed something...he was a moderator too,right?
    MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Post by MyZone Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:58 am

Suspect
    This goes to show that collecting ACU (velcro) uniforms is a waste of time. In this case, all but the most knowledgeable collector may fall for this grouping. This guy's E-Bay feedback helps promote a sale.

Persoanlly, I pass up keeping any and all ACU patched uniforms....even if I get it directly from a soldier. Too many other items to collect without the "issue" of validity.

My "humble' collection must remain legit....

Just my 2 cents ~
    MZ
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:05 am

Think it'd be reasonable to ban him for this. As this knowingly passing a fake. I note he last visited this site on 12/23 so he still peruses and will most certainly see this.

Anyone thought to contact him thru his ebay item for sale to point out it's a put together. if you post as a question it will show up on the listing I believe.
    Chris
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:56 pm

downboy wrote:Former member?I must have missed something...he was a moderator too,right?

He WAS a moderator. At the first sign of him faking items, he was removed as a moderator.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:57 pm

zvez wrote:Think it'd be reasonable to ban him for this. As this knowingly passing a fake. I note he last visited this site on 12/23 so he still peruses and will most certainly see this.

Anyone thought to contact him thru his ebay item for sale to point out it's a put together. if you post as a question it will show up on the listing I believe.
    Chris
    Chris,
    I think your advice is wise and I have banned him from participating on this forum.
    joefriday22
    joefriday22
    Chief Warrant Officer Class II
    Chief Warrant Officer Class II

Post by joefriday22 Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Man, it's hard to collect anything these days..that's a shame.

Rob
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:44 pm

joefriday22 wrote:Man, it's hard to collect anything these days..that's a shame.

Rob
    Totally agree with you, Rob.
    downboy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by downboy Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:22 pm

nkomo wrote:
    zvez wrote:Think it'd be reasonable to ban him for this. As this knowingly passing a fake. I note he last visited this site on 12/23 so he still peruses and will most certainly see this.

Chris
    Chris,
    I think your advice is wise and I have banned him from participating on this forum.
    I believe a caveat should be posted at the general discussion and buyer/trader report card section in the forum to protect members, mods.This guy had solid and glowing reviews...too bad GREED got in the way.A real shame.
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:35 pm

amazingly he's going to all that trouble to fake a $10 item. Incredible.

Chris

downboy wrote:
    nkomo wrote:

Chris
    Chris,
    I believe a caveat should be posted at the general discussion and buyer/trader report card section in the forum to protect members, mods.This guy had solid and glowing reviews...too bad GREED got in the way.A real shame.
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:48 pm

downboy wrote:
    nkomo wrote:

Chris
    Chris,
    I will do that right now.
    downboy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by downboy Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:05 pm

nkomo wrote:
    downboy wrote:
    nkomo wrote:

Chris
    Chris,
    I will do that right now.
    Thanks Nkomo.
    Nes
    Baker502
    Baker502
    Corporal
    Corporal

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Empty 1st Cav Afghanistan

Post by Baker502 Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:48 pm

1st Cav as a whole has been mainly in Iraq, not dissputing the ebay auction but there are now troops from 1st Cav in A-Stan.. Paul

http://www.army.mil/article/56877/
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:03 am

Not to press the issue, but multicam is the order of the day in Afghanistan.
    Baker502
    Baker502
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Baker502 Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:07 am

Yes Multicam is the order of the day, but not all units are issued the multicam.. Paul
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:26 am

Very,very,very disappointing news, and yes the reviews here were totally positive about any trades that took place!!!

We must move on with this,but it does leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

من السهل جي
    JYN
    JYN

Post by JYN Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi guys,

I was following him on Ebay for few months and already report that to a Moderator.

If you have a look at his feedbacks on Ebay (ladrang), you will see that most the UK stuff he bought served him to make some pure creation or groupings. As this one :

These are the shirts he bought on Ebay (photos 1 & 2) and by miracle this what was posted (photo 3) as a grouping in the UK Grouping section of the forum : Note the US Jump wings !

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Kgrhqe12

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Kgrhqe13

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Dsc01411

I think that his posts in the UK section are not going to help any new collector.

JYN
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by mk1rceme Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Crazy! I guess greed gets to some in the whacked out world of collecting. Hope his actions don't put a bad light on other Canadian collectors here. Some of us are honest....really. Cool
    downboy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by downboy Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:58 am

JYN wrote:Hi guys,

I was following him on Ebay for few months and already report that to a Moderator.

If you have a look at his feedbacks on Ebay (ladrang), you will see that most the UK stuff he bought served him to make some pure creation or groupings. As this one :

These are the shirts he bought on Ebay (photos 1 & 2) and by miracle this what was posted (photo 3) as a grouping in the UK Grouping section of the forum : Note the US Jump wings !

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Kgrhqe12

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Kgrhqe13

A faked grouping on ebay created by former member Ladrang Dsc01411

I think that his posts in the UK section are not going to help any new collector.

JYN
    Agreed...it has become a polluted source.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm