OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
P-E
HoovieDude
6 posters

UCP out! 3 new camo patterns in the works for the U.S. Army for 2012

HoovieDude
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

UCP out! 3 new camo patterns in the works for the U.S. Army for 2012 Empty UCP out! 3 new camo patterns in the works for the U.S. Army for 2012

Post by HoovieDude Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Latest issue of Army Times. 3 new patterns talked about, a woodland, desert and a "transitional" which I assume is the "multi-cam". Not that I have to wear it anymore, but buuuuhhhh-bye UCP!!

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/01/MONDAYarmy-21-issues-taking-shape-for-the-army-in-2012-010212/
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

UCP out! 3 new camo patterns in the works for the U.S. Army for 2012 Empty Re: UCP out! 3 new camo patterns in the works for the U.S. Army for 2012

Post by P-E Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:47 pm

lol, I can't believe it ! hahaha...in less than 20 years, the US military had changed camouflages, and so uniforms, more often than in his whole military history Razz Each time it's new tests, new productions,...I wonder where is the huge debt of the USA and the economic crisis...apparently, not in the military ! Shocked

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    HoovieDude
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

UCP out! 3 new camo patterns in the works for the U.S. Army for 2012 Empty Re: UCP out! 3 new camo patterns in the works for the U.S. Army for 2012

Post by HoovieDude Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Good news for collectors though Very Happy
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:06 pm

HoovieDude wrote:Good news for collectors though Very Happy

hahahaa, it's depend...for our finances, it's realy bad Twisted Evil And if there's a big economic crisis as we talk everydays in the news, then we'll only be able to dream and drool Laughing

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    HoovieDude
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by HoovieDude Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:10 pm

If the gloom and doom of a growing world wide economic melt down and conflict come true, there will be much more bigger priorities than even thinking about collecting anything other than food and shelter! Shocked
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Yes, good news for us because we (Ox2 collectors) no longer will be viewed as modern collectors.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:Yes, good news for us because we (Ox2 collectors) no longer will be viewed as modern collectors.

I'm sorry, it's out of the topic..but it's the second time in two days you speak about "Ox2 collectors"...what is it ? Collector I understand for sure...but what means "Ox2" ? Rolling Eyes

HoovieDude
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by HoovieDude Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:01 pm

It refers to the two "Operations" that are the main effort in the GWOT. OEF&OIF.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Waw ok, thanks !

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:17 pm

P-E wrote:lol, I can't believe it ! hahaha...in less than 20 years, the US military had changed camouflages, and so uniforms, more often than in his whole military history Razz Each time it's new tests, new productions,...I wonder where is the huge debt of the USA and the economic crisis...apparently, not in the military ! Shocked

Maybe here lies the answer affraid
    THE DEFENSE BUDGET
    The $600 billion question to be answered in 2012 is whether lawmakers really will let across-the-board cuts in federal programs go forward because of their failure to approve a $1.2 trillion, 10-year deficit reduction plan in 2011.

Defense and service officials have used the words “catastrophic,” “devastating” and “dangerous” to describe what will happen if automatic cuts, known as sequestration, take effect Jan. 2, 2013, as required by the Budget Control Act.

Republicans in Congress are working on plans to exempt defense from its $500 billion to $600 billion share of sequestration by cutting more deeply into other programs, which sounds great for the military but is unlikely to be signed into law. Only a bipartisan plan that includes governmentwide spending cuts without exempting defense is likely to prevent sequestration.

من السهل جي
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Pierre, hooviedude is right. Arch and I always discuss about OEF/OIF topics but it is pain in ass to say it so I came up with Ox2 because its short and sweet. Laughing
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:Pierre, hooviedude is right. Arch and I always discuss about OEF/OIF topics but it is pain in ass to say it so I came up with Ox2 because its short and sweet. Laughing

Don't worry, now I know what it means and I'll probably also use it in future ! You both began a new fashion vocabulary in the collector's community Laughing That's a cool words. You'll laugh, but you used this term yesterday, and I searched on google and found the term as a reference to machine, and also in the geek community, but nothing with US militaria Laughing Now I know ! Wink

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:16 pm

lol! lol! You could've just asked! Arch and I used this term for a year now but until recently I decided to use it on here because I'm lazy. Laughing
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Yes....Ox2 refers to the OEF/OIF Forum. Merc, CamoDeafie, Ben and I use this term as an abbreviation to the full name of the forum.
    ubershave
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by ubershave Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:00 am

I predict that one of the Pencott patterns will win the contract. If not, I think 2 more color variations of Multicam will be adopted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 am