OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Iraqi SWAT patches

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi SWAT patches Empty Iraqi SWAT patches

Post by Mercenary25 Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:51 pm

I don't know much about this patch except that it is for SWAT. I tried to search for photos of this patch being worn but without any luck.

Iraqi SWAT patches 00314

Last edited by Mercenary25 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Iraqi SWAT patches Empty Re: Iraqi SWAT patches

Post by zvez Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Something that's been very popular with the Iraq army is adoption of "novelty" type patches incorporating them on their uniforms. This is across the board, army af and police.

This would be one of those novelty patches they'd purchase in a tailor shop, so not really attached to any particular unit. Of interest SWAT while worldwide is typically a term reserved for police units. In the Iraq military you'll see swat designated units in both army and police. I'll take some pics of some of the other swat novelty patches I've got.

These patches and very lax uniform regulations make collecting current iraq stuff a daunting task.

Few pics of other swat patches and also being worn, the one Iraqi pictured is army wearing the swat patch.

Chris
    Iraqi SWAT patches 2_swat10
    Iraqi SWAT patches Swat_310
    Iraqi SWAT patches 2co_9t10

Last edited by zvez on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Chris, good point. Same thing goes to the "Special Forces" with skull patches. I've seen it being worn by Army soldiers as well as Police officers.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks Lance for this photo of Iraqi SWAT wearing the bat patch during the training!

Iraqi SWAT patches Screen10
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:39 am

Iraqi SWAT patches 43158310

An Iraqi police officer from Special Weapons and Tactics scans his area of responsibility while learning patrol formations during Foreign Internal Defense Training on Camp Diwaniyah, Iraq, Nov. 16,. The training is led by U.S. Army Special Forces to prepare Iraqi security forces to take over security of their country. Photo by Senior Airman Eric Harris.

Iraqi SWAT patches 43158311

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm