OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
oldfireguy
Philip
MyZone
Easy Gee
8 posters

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. Empty Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please.

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi Guys.

I'm wondering if someone can help me ID this patch ghost ( what patch would have been there.?)The name tape and branch tapes have also been removed.
    Many thanks in advance Wink

This is on the left shoulder.

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. P7280039

It also has the remains of Stars and stripes, on the right shoulder too.

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. P7280040

Here is the label if it helps any !!

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. P7280041Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. P7280042

من السهل جي
    MyZone
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class I

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. Empty Re: Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please.

Post by MyZone Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Did the shirt have any qualification badges? That can add or subtract possibilities. Also, the size of patch (measurements)? Also, any tab shadows above it?

Right off the top of my head....maybe Pyops/Civil Affairs, or 11 ARC, or 2nd Infantry Division.

Looks like the shadow of two seperate patches.....

Good Luck,
    MyZone
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. Empty Re: Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please.

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:44 pm

MyZone wrote:Did the shirt have any qualification badges? That can add or subtract possibilities. Also, the size of patch (measurements)? Also, any tab shadows above it?

Right off the top of my head....maybe Pyops/Civil Affairs, or 11 ARC, or 2nd Infantry Division.

Looks like the shadow of two seperate patches.....

Good Luck,
    MyZone

Hiya Mate,

No there are qualification badges I can make out, and your right, I should post the measurements, I will do this as it would help the ID.

Thanks for your input..nice one Mate Wink

من السهل جي
    Philip

Post by Philip Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:44 pm

My guess is also 2nd ID.
    oldfireguy
    oldfireguy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by oldfireguy Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:08 pm

It does look like 2nd ID with the peak at the top but it looks flat across the bottom. What's the size of it?
    zvez
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:38 pm

2nd ID, then again what do I know, I don't know the diff between cuba and puerto rico flags! Wink

Chris
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Zvez,

But do you know what the Chupacabra is? That is the real question....
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:32 am

Many thanks for all the comments and ideas so far Guys, the patch is seven sided,and following some research today, the only one I can find that fit's that shape so far is the 7th Medical Command.? Wink

If it helps further , I will supply measurements and closer pics later on.

من السهل جي
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:25 am

Hi Gary could you take a better close up of the patch ghost, I have found a pics of the 7th Medical Command, and yes it could be an opinion, but what the dimension of this patch??

[url=Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. Med20c10]
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 am

Thanks Will, that could be it!!!!

I have attached pics of the excact shape and size of the patch in question Wink

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. P7290010Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. P7290011

من السهل جي
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Try this one....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_Army_Installation_Management_Command_Shoulder_Patch.png

I've seen this one in person....it is a big one.
    ladrang
    ladrang
    2nd Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant

Post by ladrang Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Gary I will try to get this information on the web, who knows!!!
    HoovieDude
    Chief Master Corporal
    Chief Master Corporal

Post by HoovieDude Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:43 pm

MyZone wrote:Try this one....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_Army_Installation_Management_Command_Shoulder_Patch.png

I've seen this one in person....it is a big one.

That was my thoughts on it.
    MyZone
    MyZone

Post by MyZone Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Easy Gee,

Do you enjoy trying to figure out these things, or are you collecting shirts with no patches?

MyZone ~
    oldfireguy
    oldfireguy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by oldfireguy Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Wasn't there a seven sided 2nd ID? Kidding. You couldn't really tell in that first shot but can sure see it in the later shots.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:54 am

Easy Gee wrote:Thanks Will, that could be it!!!!

I have attached pics of the excact shape and size of the patch in question Wink

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. P7290010Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. P7290011

That's not so simple...because there're tons of patches.... Wink But I'll check in my book about insignia because I think the 7th med Cmd is a small insignia...

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    oldfireguy
    oldfireguy
    Chief Corporal
    Chief Corporal

Post by oldfireguy Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:55 am

Trying to get some help to ID a patch ghost on US Jacket please. DSC_0001
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:17 am

Yes you've right, this Installation Management Agency SSI make sense ! (Except your picture is reversed !). This insignia is realy big, more than the 7th Medical Command SSI !

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:15 pm

MyZone wrote:Easy Gee,

Do you enjoy trying to figure out these things, or are you collecting shirts with no patches?

MyZone ~

I do enjoy the mystery puzzle solving aspect, and no I don't specifically collect patchless Jackets, if they are cheap I buy em', I would of course prefer complete BDU's!!

من السهل جي

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm