Complete Mystery - Red, White, and Blue Shield with Star & Machete - WTF?

kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Complete Mystery - Red, White, and Blue Shield with Star & Machete - WTF?

Post by kriegsmodell on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Okay, this one is a complete mystery. Sent back by a friend in 5th SFG(A) and he didn't know either. Large red, white and blue shield with center star and what looks like a brown machete across the center. It's got to mean something! Hoping someone here can help or at least has a theory. Couple of pics follow:

Hard to see in the pics but there is a black border around the flat edge. Decent detail and quality construction. Someone knew what they wanted when they had the shop make them up.

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    MyZone
    Chief Warrant Officer Class III

Re: Complete Mystery - Red, White, and Blue Shield with Star & Machete - WTF?

Post by MyZone on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Captain America goes native.... Laughing
    kriegsmodell
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by kriegsmodell on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:43 pm

MyZone wrote:Captain America goes native.... Laughing

Ha, I like it!!!

"I looked up at the bunker in front of me and saw a khaki-uniformed NVA with a pith helmet, chest web gear, green Bata boots and an AK, Type 56, and no other identifying insignia. Then I shot him." -- Sergeant Tony "Fast Eddie" Anderson, RT Kansas, TF1AE, 1971

"My God, where do we find these men?" - President George H. W. Bush commenting on 1st SFOD-Delta after the Operation Acid Gambit rescue of Kurt Muse.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me." - Inscription on the dog tag resting on the flag-draped homeward bound casket of an American Special Opearations warrior killed in action in Afghanistan, July 2005. - Dick Couch - Chosen Soldier

"Choosing to die resisting rather than live submitting they fled only from dishonor and to meet danger face to face." - Lieutenant General John F. Mulholland Jr, USASOC Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Ceremony, 25 May 2012.
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Looks like a flag of Puerto Rica.
    MyZone

Post by MyZone on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:Looks like a flag of Puerto Rica.

Maybe a Chupacabra hunter unit based out of Puerto Rico cyclops
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:21 pm

It also looks like the cuban flag

http://www.cubaflags.com/
    Mercenary25
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Mercenary25 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Zvev, the cuban flag has blue stripes, not red.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/rq.html
    zvez
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by zvez on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:44 pm

oops!

Mercenary25 wrote:Zvev, the cuban flag has blue stripes, not red.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/rq.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:32 am