Ferriter, Michael (US Army)

P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Ferriter, Michael (US Army)

Post by P-E on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:13 pm

From 1991 to 1994 he was the Regimental S-5 (Civil Military Operations), later Plans and Special Operations Officer, later S-3 (Operations), 3d Battalion, later Regimental S-3 (Operations), 75th Ranger Regiment, here and in Somalia during Operation Restore Hope.

From 1996 to 1998 he was the commander, 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment.

And from 1999 to 2001 he was the commander of the 11th Infantry Regiment.

As Colonel, Michael served as Deputy Director, J3 Operations, U.S. Joint Forces Command, before promotion to Executive Assistant to the Commander U.S. Joint Forces Command, Supreme Allied Commander Transformation.

Upon his earlier promotion to Brigadier General, Michael served as Assistant Division Commander-Operations, 82nd Airborne Division. He helped lead the fight for the ‘Sons of Iraq’ during his 15-month deployment in Baghdad. He was the deputy commanding general for operations for the XVIII Airborne Corps.

Michael Ferriter was appointed Commanding General at the U.S. Army Infantry School, Ft. Benning, Georgia, after serving with the 82d Airborne Division, XVIII Airborne Corps in Baghdad, Iraq. No stranger to Fort Benning, in addition to the Infantry Officer Basic and Advanced Courses and Ranger school, he has served three tours here.

Michael Ferriter’s military education includes the Infantry Officer Basic and Advanced Courses and the Army Command and General Staff College. He is a Senior National Defense Fellow from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University.

Michael’s awards and decorations

- the Defense Superior Service Medal
    - Legion of Merit
    - Defense Meritorious Service Medal
    - Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
    - the Ranger Tab
    - Master Parachutist Badge
    - the Expert Infantryman’s Badge.

Michael earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the Citadel, and a Masters degree in Business from Central Michigan University. Michael has served on the Stageplays Board of Directors for the past three years.

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE

Current date/time is Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:20 am