Allyn, Daniel B. (US Army)

P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Allyn, Daniel B. (US Army)

Post by P-E on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:22 am

Major General Daniel B. Allyn is a native of Berwick, Maine, and a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York. Prior to commanding “America’s First Team,” MG Allyn served as the Deputy Commanding General of 18th Airborne Corps. He previously served as Chief of Staff, XVIII Airborne Corps, completing his tour as Chief of Staff, Multi-National Corps Iraq. He also served in joint assignments with the Joint IED Defeat Organization and the Joint Operations Directorate, J-3, of the Joint Staff. Prior to his Joint assignments, he served as Commander, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized), culminating with service during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Prior to serving in the Marne Division, Major General Allyn served two tours of duty with the 82nd Airborne Division, two years with the 2nd Infantry Division, and three tours of duty with the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Major General Allyn's previous duties included command at the platoon through brigade level and staff assignments at the battalion through Joint Staff level. He served an overseas assignment in Korea and operational deployments for Operation Urgent Fury in Grenada, two peacekeeping deployments to the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt, Operation Just Cause in Panama, Operation Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia, and Operation Desert Spring and Enduring Freedom in Kuwait, and two tours in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Major General Allyn is a graduate of the Infantry Office Basic and Advanced Courses at Fort Benning, Georgia; the United States Army Command and the General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas; and the Naval War College at Newport, Rhode Island, where he earned a Master of Arts degree in Strategic and National Security Studies.

His awards and decorations include the Silver Star, Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Armed Forces Expeditionary, Medal (with Arrowhead), Presidential Unit Citation, Joint Meritorious Unit Award, Combat Infantryman Badge (with Star), Master Parachutist Badge (with Bronze Star), Ranger Tab, and Joint Chiefs of Staff Identification Badge.

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
    See my current collection of desert Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service) HERE
    See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
    See my collection of jackets HERE

Current date/time is Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:50 am