OEF/OIF BOARD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

ACU Cap...think it's commercial??

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Empty ACU Cap...think it's commercial??

Post by Easy Gee Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Guys.

I got this cap recently,I believe it is commercial, but I've not seen the "real deal" to compare it next too,any ideas QuestionACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Dsc01959
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Empty Re: ACU Cap...think it's commercial??

Post by Easy Gee Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:54 pm

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Dsc01960
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:55 pm

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Dsc01961

The Label appears to be ok,I'm just not 100% about this one Wink
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:33 pm

it's well a commercial, probably china made. In comparison with an original tag for that sort of hat, it's completely wrong and the cap has a little different color.
    Philip

Post by Philip Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Yes, definitely not US issue.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:37 pm

P-E wrote:it's well a commercial, probably china made. In comparison with an original tag for that sort of hat, it's completely wrong and the cap has a little different color.

Thanks for the comfirmation P-E,I thought as much, have you a genuine ACU cap to show me,so I don't get ripped off again Question

Cheers Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:38 pm

Philip wrote:Yes, definitely not US issue.

Thanks Philip.

I thought it was a commercial, thanks again Wink
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Easy Gee wrote: Thanks for the comfirmation P-E,I thought as much, have you a genuine ACU cap to show me,so I don't get ripped off again Question

No sorry, I've no ACU caps. I've only one, but I'm not sure of authenticity... it's verry curious, because mine has a label of BDU, and I bought it just before the ACU was issued to troops. I first thought it was an experimental/first run, but I don't know... It's exactly the same than the current, with a good looking camo, but label is older and I fought it just before the official introduction of ACU. On label, it's write :

CAP, HOT WEATHER BDU
    50% NYLON 50% COTTON
    ENHANCED RIPSTOP
    DLA100-01-B-0001
    9701-01-123-3159
    MADE IN U.S.A.
    R&B, INC.

Here's pictures of mine :

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7712

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7713

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7714

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7715

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7716

Now, what do you think about this one ? First run with old laber (dated 2001) ? Commercial ? copy ? To be honest I'm very hesitant with this one, because as I told you, I get it just before the official introduction. I bought it in end of 2003 or 2004. Don't remember exactly. At these years, they were not already available so I can't imagine copy were made before their introduction on the market... label is original and was not removed/replaced.

But well, it's curious to have a label of an older BDU on an ACU cap...(maybe it's like the T-pattern flak jacket cover that has an old label of a Desert flak jacket cover ???)
    Philip

Post by Philip Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:26 am

P-E, yours is commercial too. Prefix (DLA) is wrong...
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:20 am

You've right. Thanks !
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:23 am

P-E wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote: Thanks for the comfirmation P-E,I thought as much, have you a genuine ACU cap to show me,so I don't get ripped off again Question

No sorry, I've no ACU caps. I've only one, but I'm not sure of authenticity... it's verry curious, because mine has a label of BDU, and I bought it just before the ACU was issued to troops. I first thought it was an experimental/first run, but I don't know... It's exactly the same than the current, with a good looking camo, but label is older and I fought it just before the official introduction of ACU. On label, it's write :

CAP, HOT WEATHER BDU
    50% NYLON 50% COTTON
    ENHANCED RIPSTOP
    DLA100-01-B-0001
    9701-01-123-3159
    MADE IN U.S.A.
    R&B, INC.

Here's pictures of mine :

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7712

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7713

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7714

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7715

ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Img_7716

Now, what do you think about this one ? First run with old laber (dated 2001) ? Commercial ? copy ? To be honest I'm very hesitant with this one, because as I told you, I get it just before the official introduction. I bought it in end of 2003 or 2004. Don't remember exactly. At these years, they were not already available so I can't imagine copy were made before their introduction on the market... label is original and was not removed/replaced.

But well, it's curious to have a label of an older BDU on an ACU cap...(maybe it's like the T-pattern flak jacket cover that has an old label of a Desert flak jacket cover ???)

Hi P-E.

My Guess would have been commercial too,like Philip...but I base this on the feeling that the manufacturers label states Made in the USA, I'm sure I read somewhere that clothing with this Made in the US writing, made it a commercial product... but either way, thanks for showing me your ACU cap, I love it and it's better than mine for sure Wink
    AndrewA74
    AndrewA74
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by AndrewA74 Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Hey!
    Both hats are commmercial. The R&B hats with the Made in USA are commercial however your's appears used. I don't think they ever made real hats in ripstop material. The tags are sewed all the way around and printed on heavier labels, not Chinese labels. Also, there are no one letter abbreviations with US sizes. The commercial hats with DLA #'s are no more real than pinochio and those are just there for show IMHO.
    Andrew
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Yes, you've probably right. I was just surprised because I bought it before the ACU appeared in the market so I had some doubt about authenticity : ususally, copy arrives in the market after we can find the original ones. Here, it was opposite. I bought it in end 2003 or 2004 (don't remember) and at these periods, ACU wasn't issued to troop. But well, now it's clear it's a commercial copy.

And yes, mine was probably little used.
    AndrewA74
    AndrewA74
    Master Corporal
    Master Corporal

Post by AndrewA74 Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Just remember, just because it's commercial doesn't mean it wasn't used. Some of my most used peices are commercial (DCU's, Boonie hats, gear, etc).
    Andrew
    Nkomo
    Nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by Nkomo Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:35 pm

AndrewA74 wrote:Just remember, just because it's commercial doesn't mean it wasn't used. Some of my most used peices are commercial (DCU's, Boonie hats, gear, etc).
    Andrew
    Second that!
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:39 am

yes, I know and agree 100% with it. But for me commercial items are not interesting to collect.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:39 am

P-E wrote:Yes, you've probably right. I was just surprised because I bought it before the ACU appeared in the market so I had some doubt about authenticity : ususally, copy arrives in the market after we can find the original ones. Here, it was opposite. I bought it in end 2003 or 2004 (don't remember) and at these periods, ACU wasn't issued to troop. But well, now it's clear it's a commercial copy.

And yes, mine was probably little used.

That's interesting that you bought yours,before the ACU appeared on the market,and your right copies appear after general release, maybe just maybe,it is a trial piece???...I'm not basing that on any education on the subject but it might make sense,in this situaction....it's definetely a talking point, either way.. Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee

Post by Easy Gee Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:44 am

AndrewA74 wrote:Just remember, just because it's commercial doesn't mean it wasn't used. Some of my most used peices are commercial (DCU's, Boonie hats, gear, etc).
    Andrew

That's a very good point Andrew, you recently advised me of such on a 3 colour boonie I purchased, your right,commercials should not be discounted as "used pieces"...good advice Wink
    Philip

Post by Philip Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:17 am

Same here. I had this cap before the ACU was available.
    P-E
    P-E
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by P-E Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:45 am

it's curious because it's usually the opposite...there's only one camo for which commercial items arrives on the market before the issued ones : multicam ! For all other camo, I never saw any copy before their official introduction. That's why I was surprised and had some doubts about my cap. But you've right, it's well a commercial/copy, now I'm 100% sure of that.
    Philip

Post by Philip Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Label of a genuine cap:
    ACU Cap...think it's commercial?? Cimg0326xdnp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 am